Jun 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
An interesting yet sad travelogue from a couple of Mets fans who found that, though Tiger Stadium itself is gone, the mound, the field and the flagpole remain. The “RIP Ernie” someone wrote on the pole coincided with a large cloud of eye-irritating dust infiltrating my den. Damndest thing.
In other news, if the blog doesn’t update for the rest of the day it could be a technical problem. Or it could be that I’ve taken an impromptu road trip to pour a bottle of something fine out on the pitchers mound as a final tribute to the ballpark that made me a fan.
(thanks to lar at Wezen-Ball for the head’s up)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)