Jun 30, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all. The video — for now anyway — can be seen at Deadspin. (UPDATE: if the Deadspin link disappears, try MLB.com). Wait for the slow-mo, which renders the fan’s divinely-deigned fate all the clearer. Sadly, it doesn’t appear as though he’s talking on an iPhone, but let us not make the perfect the enemy of the good.
Best part: the girl who brought her glove to the game and was standing right next to cell phone guy actually backed away from the ball rather than try to field it. I’d like to think that this was intentional and that she knew full well her role in this fan’s cosmic comeuppance.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)