Jun 30, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all. The video — for now anyway — can be seen at Deadspin. (UPDATE: if the Deadspin link disappears, try MLB.com). Wait for the slow-mo, which renders the fan’s divinely-deigned fate all the clearer. Sadly, it doesn’t appear as though he’s talking on an iPhone, but let us not make the perfect the enemy of the good.
Best part: the girl who brought her glove to the game and was standing right next to cell phone guy actually backed away from the ball rather than try to field it. I’d like to think that this was intentional and that she knew full well her role in this fan’s cosmic comeuppance.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)