Jun 30, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all. The video — for now anyway — can be seen at Deadspin. (UPDATE: if the Deadspin link disappears, try MLB.com). Wait for the slow-mo, which renders the fan’s divinely-deigned fate all the clearer. Sadly, it doesn’t appear as though he’s talking on an iPhone, but let us not make the perfect the enemy of the good.
Best part: the girl who brought her glove to the game and was standing right next to cell phone guy actually backed away from the ball rather than try to field it. I’d like to think that this was intentional and that she knew full well her role in this fan’s cosmic comeuppance.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39