Jun 30, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all. The video — for now anyway — can be seen at Deadspin. (UPDATE: if the Deadspin link disappears, try MLB.com). Wait for the slow-mo, which renders the fan’s divinely-deigned fate all the clearer. Sadly, it doesn’t appear as though he’s talking on an iPhone, but let us not make the perfect the enemy of the good.
Best part: the girl who brought her glove to the game and was standing right next to cell phone guy actually backed away from the ball rather than try to field it. I’d like to think that this was intentional and that she knew full well her role in this fan’s cosmic comeuppance.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12