Jun 30, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
No doubt motivated by watching teammate Jim Thome leg out what must have been one of the most leisurely triples of all time Monday night, Denard Span amazingly hit three triples last night … in the first five innings.
He had a chance to set the post-1900 record with a fourth triple, but drew a walk instead and had to settle for tying Ken Landreaux for the Twins’ single-game record, becoming the first player with three triples in a game since Rafael Furcal in 2002, and leading the AL with seven triples on the season.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 9
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)