Jun 30, 2010, 4:12 PM EST
It’s not every day you see Roy Halladay give up 13 hits — in fact, he hadn’t done that all year — but he did to the Reds today, the most significant of which was Jay Bruce’s two-run homer in the eighth to give the Reds a come-from-behind win.
To be honest, it’s amazing that Halladay only have up four runs, what with all of those hits. Striking out ten guys and walking no one helped, but this was obviously a day on which Doc didn’t have his best medicine. (Ya like that? Being sports-anchory cute is something I’m trying out. No? Yeah, you’re right, that was lame).
Backup catcher King of the Dane(s) Sardinha (Eh? OK, too Bermany) accounted for all of the Phillies’ runs with a three-run jack in the fourth. Beyond that, however, Aaron Harang pitched effectively and Arthur Rhodes and the bullpen returned to form following last night’s fiasco.
On to Pittsburgh for Philly, where they’ll face much more pliant opposition. The Reds make their way to Chicago, where the same can be said for them.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)