Jun 30, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
This follows this morning’s earlier post about the Rangers financial disclosures. Those disclosures revealed that Jamey Newberg has been paid some $27K in the past year by the Rangers, who he covers in his blog, The Newberg Report.
You should read Newberg’s entire statement in the second half of this post, but for those too lazy to click, the upshot is that he provides content for the Rangers website and Gameday program, and that he is paid for copies of his annual publication that the Rangers give to season ticket holders.
As disclosures go, I’d say it’s pretty full. Still, it’s something that probably should have been mentioned somewhere on his blog before now.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)