Jun 30, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
This follows this morning’s earlier post about the Rangers financial disclosures. Those disclosures revealed that Jamey Newberg has been paid some $27K in the past year by the Rangers, who he covers in his blog, The Newberg Report.
You should read Newberg’s entire statement in the second half of this post, but for those too lazy to click, the upshot is that he provides content for the Rangers website and Gameday program, and that he is paid for copies of his annual publication that the Rangers give to season ticket holders.
As disclosures go, I’d say it’s pretty full. Still, it’s something that probably should have been mentioned somewhere on his blog before now.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)