Jun 30, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
In the grand scheme of things this sort of stuff doesn’t matter, but it makes me laugh all the same. Here’s FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic after talking to Padres’ manager Bud Black yesterday:
Bud Black: LF Kyle
Blanks reports only “minimal” improvement in elbow. Surgery hasn’t been
Here’s Dan Hayes from the North County Times after talking to Blanks today:
Padres OF Kyle Blanks
says elbow surgery has been discussed but not yet primary option. Team
is going through process of elimination first.
There’s almost certainly not any obfuscation or misdirection afoot here. This is basically a game of telephone or, at the very most, a difference of opinion as to what “discussed” really means.
But it’s interesting and instructive all the same. After all, if you can get two differing on-the-record reports over something as non-controversial as the health of young player, how badly are the furtive little leaks and whispers of radioactive things like trade rumors getting mangled?
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)