Jun 30, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
In the grand scheme of things this sort of stuff doesn’t matter, but it makes me laugh all the same. Here’s FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic after talking to Padres’ manager Bud Black yesterday:
Bud Black: LF Kyle
Blanks reports only “minimal” improvement in elbow. Surgery hasn’t been
Here’s Dan Hayes from the North County Times after talking to Blanks today:
Padres OF Kyle Blanks
says elbow surgery has been discussed but not yet primary option. Team
is going through process of elimination first.
There’s almost certainly not any obfuscation or misdirection afoot here. This is basically a game of telephone or, at the very most, a difference of opinion as to what “discussed” really means.
But it’s interesting and instructive all the same. After all, if you can get two differing on-the-record reports over something as non-controversial as the health of young player, how badly are the furtive little leaks and whispers of radioactive things like trade rumors getting mangled?
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 14
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 12
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 33
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)