Jun 30, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
In the grand scheme of things this sort of stuff doesn’t matter, but it makes me laugh all the same. Here’s FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic after talking to Padres’ manager Bud Black yesterday:
Bud Black: LF Kyle
Blanks reports only “minimal” improvement in elbow. Surgery hasn’t been
Here’s Dan Hayes from the North County Times after talking to Blanks today:
Padres OF Kyle Blanks
says elbow surgery has been discussed but not yet primary option. Team
is going through process of elimination first.
There’s almost certainly not any obfuscation or misdirection afoot here. This is basically a game of telephone or, at the very most, a difference of opinion as to what “discussed” really means.
But it’s interesting and instructive all the same. After all, if you can get two differing on-the-record reports over something as non-controversial as the health of young player, how badly are the furtive little leaks and whispers of radioactive things like trade rumors getting mangled?
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 6
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 41
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)