Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez is day-to-day with a strained right hamstring. He suffered the
injury while running the bases in the first inning of last night’s game
against the Giants. The benched Matt Kemp came into the game to replace him and hit the ball all over the place. Now Joe Torre is going to have to work extra hard to figure out how to continue to not play him. Torre’s a Hall of Fame manager, though, so I’m sure he’ll figure something out.
As for Manny, after his mini-Operation Shutdown in 2008, his PED-suspension in 2009 and his hamstring this year, I can’t wait to see what he comes up with to get his annual summer vacation in 2011. I’m thinking alien abduction. Or maybe he’ll just kidnap himself, Bunny Lebowski style.
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 0
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 21
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 13
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 12
- The Braves to sign Ervin Santana to a one-year deal, announcement coming this morning 56
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)