Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez is day-to-day with a strained right hamstring. He suffered the
injury while running the bases in the first inning of last night’s game
against the Giants. The benched Matt Kemp came into the game to replace him and hit the ball all over the place. Now Joe Torre is going to have to work extra hard to figure out how to continue to not play him. Torre’s a Hall of Fame manager, though, so I’m sure he’ll figure something out.
As for Manny, after his mini-Operation Shutdown in 2008, his PED-suspension in 2009 and his hamstring this year, I can’t wait to see what he comes up with to get his annual summer vacation in 2011. I’m thinking alien abduction. Or maybe he’ll just kidnap himself, Bunny Lebowski style.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)