Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Manny Ramirez is day-to-day with a strained right hamstring. He suffered the
injury while running the bases in the first inning of last night’s game
against the Giants. The benched Matt Kemp came into the game to replace him and hit the ball all over the place. Now Joe Torre is going to have to work extra hard to figure out how to continue to not play him. Torre’s a Hall of Fame manager, though, so I’m sure he’ll figure something out.
As for Manny, after his mini-Operation Shutdown in 2008, his PED-suspension in 2009 and his hamstring this year, I can’t wait to see what he comes up with to get his annual summer vacation in 2011. I’m thinking alien abduction. Or maybe he’ll just kidnap himself, Bunny Lebowski style.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)