Jun 30, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
Manny Ramirez is out of the Dodgers’ lineup today after leaving last night’s game with a hamstring injury and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam tomorrow to determine whether a stint on the disabled list is needed.
Ramirez’s injury opens the door for Matt Kemp to sneak out of Joe Torre’s doghouse. After being a healthy scratch in three straight games Kemp is starting in center field and batting third today.
There’s been lots of speculation about whether Kemp’s benching was due entirely to his recent slump or if reports of him getting into a confrontation with a coach also played a part.
Torre was asked about that this afternoon and interestingly chose not to deny it, saying instead: “I have no comment.” I’m sure Torre would say that’s just him not wanting to broach the subject at all, but since it would have been awfully easy for him to simply say “no” the “I have no comment” certainly makes it seem like there’s some fire behind the smoke.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)