Jun 30, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez is out of the Dodgers’ lineup today after leaving last night’s game with a hamstring injury and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam tomorrow to determine whether a stint on the disabled list is needed.
Ramirez’s injury opens the door for Matt Kemp to sneak out of Joe Torre’s doghouse. After being a healthy scratch in three straight games Kemp is starting in center field and batting third today.
There’s been lots of speculation about whether Kemp’s benching was due entirely to his recent slump or if reports of him getting into a confrontation with a coach also played a part.
Torre was asked about that this afternoon and interestingly chose not to deny it, saying instead: “I have no comment.” I’m sure Torre would say that’s just him not wanting to broach the subject at all, but since it would have been awfully easy for him to simply say “no” the “I have no comment” certainly makes it seem like there’s some fire behind the smoke.
- Suspensions likely in Biogenesis probe 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 58
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead