Jun 30, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez is out of the Dodgers’ lineup today after leaving last night’s game with a hamstring injury and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam tomorrow to determine whether a stint on the disabled list is needed.
Ramirez’s injury opens the door for Matt Kemp to sneak out of Joe Torre’s doghouse. After being a healthy scratch in three straight games Kemp is starting in center field and batting third today.
There’s been lots of speculation about whether Kemp’s benching was due entirely to his recent slump or if reports of him getting into a confrontation with a coach also played a part.
Torre was asked about that this afternoon and interestingly chose not to deny it, saying instead: “I have no comment.” I’m sure Torre would say that’s just him not wanting to broach the subject at all, but since it would have been awfully easy for him to simply say “no” the “I have no comment” certainly makes it seem like there’s some fire behind the smoke.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)