Jun 30, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
Manny Ramirez is out of the Dodgers’ lineup today after leaving last night’s game with a hamstring injury and Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam tomorrow to determine whether a stint on the disabled list is needed.
Ramirez’s injury opens the door for Matt Kemp to sneak out of Joe Torre’s doghouse. After being a healthy scratch in three straight games Kemp is starting in center field and batting third today.
There’s been lots of speculation about whether Kemp’s benching was due entirely to his recent slump or if reports of him getting into a confrontation with a coach also played a part.
Torre was asked about that this afternoon and interestingly chose not to deny it, saying instead: “I have no comment.” I’m sure Torre would say that’s just him not wanting to broach the subject at all, but since it would have been awfully easy for him to simply say “no” the “I have no comment” certainly makes it seem like there’s some fire behind the smoke.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)