Jun 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EST
After dropping the first game of the midweek series, the Minnesota Twins reminded the Detroit Tigers why they are the team everyone picked to win the division this season, winning 5-1.
Even with Joe Mauer taking the day off, the Twins brought plenty of firepower to bear, with Justin Morneau hitting a solo homer and an RBI double. Some of the other guys chipped in too, getting all bunty and small-bally in the fifth. See: they were so confident that they freely gave up outs just to show the Tigers how awesome they were! Kevin Slowey gave up one run on four hits in six innings. He had to leave early, though, after being smacked in the ankle with a comebacker.
The Twins now sit one and a half games in front on the Central. It’s probably worth noting that they are the only team in the division with a positive run differential as well (+52 to the Tigers’ -4).
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27