Jun 30, 2010, 5:14 PM EDT
After dropping the first game of the midweek series, the Minnesota Twins reminded the Detroit Tigers why they are the team everyone picked to win the division this season, winning 5-1.
Even with Joe Mauer taking the day off, the Twins brought plenty of firepower to bear, with Justin Morneau hitting a solo homer and an RBI double. Some of the other guys chipped in too, getting all bunty and small-bally in the fifth. See: they were so confident that they freely gave up outs just to show the Tigers how awesome they were! Kevin Slowey gave up one run on four hits in six innings. He had to leave early, though, after being smacked in the ankle with a comebacker.
The Twins now sit one and a half games in front on the Central. It’s probably worth noting that they are the only team in the division with a positive run differential as well (+52 to the Tigers’ -4).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)