Jun 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Piece of the clubhouse ceiling just fell to floor.
Just about time to leave San Juan.
— Andy Martino of the Daily News’ Surfing The Mets blog, tweeting from the bowels of Hiram Bithorn Stadium on his final day in Puerto Rico covering the Mets-Marlins series.
I’m guessing this was pretty common all over U.S. ballparks until the mid-to-late 90s. We think of all of the new ballpark construction in terms of the fan experience, but on a day-to-day basis, the new places are way more of a boon to the players, team employees and media people who have to work and (often) live in them.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 0
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)