Jun 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Piece of the clubhouse ceiling just fell to floor.
Just about time to leave San Juan.
– Andy Martino of the Daily News’ Surfing The Mets blog, tweeting from the bowels of Hiram Bithorn Stadium on his final day in Puerto Rico covering the Mets-Marlins series.
I’m guessing this was pretty common all over U.S. ballparks until the mid-to-late 90s. We think of all of the new ballpark construction in terms of the fan experience, but on a day-to-day basis, the new places are way more of a boon to the players, team employees and media people who have to work and (often) live in them.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)