Jun 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Piece of the clubhouse ceiling just fell to floor.
Just about time to leave San Juan.
— Andy Martino of the Daily News’ Surfing The Mets blog, tweeting from the bowels of Hiram Bithorn Stadium on his final day in Puerto Rico covering the Mets-Marlins series.
I’m guessing this was pretty common all over U.S. ballparks until the mid-to-late 90s. We think of all of the new ballpark construction in terms of the fan experience, but on a day-to-day basis, the new places are way more of a boon to the players, team employees and media people who have to work and (often) live in them.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (114)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)