Jun 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Piece of the clubhouse ceiling just fell to floor.
Just about time to leave San Juan.
– Andy Martino of the Daily News’ Surfing The Mets blog, tweeting from the bowels of Hiram Bithorn Stadium on his final day in Puerto Rico covering the Mets-Marlins series.
I’m guessing this was pretty common all over U.S. ballparks until the mid-to-late 90s. We think of all of the new ballpark construction in terms of the fan experience, but on a day-to-day basis, the new places are way more of a boon to the players, team employees and media people who have to work and (often) live in them.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)