Jun 30, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Piece of the clubhouse ceiling just fell to floor.
Just about time to leave San Juan.
— Andy Martino of the Daily News’ Surfing The Mets blog, tweeting from the bowels of Hiram Bithorn Stadium on his final day in Puerto Rico covering the Mets-Marlins series.
I’m guessing this was pretty common all over U.S. ballparks until the mid-to-late 90s. We think of all of the new ballpark construction in terms of the fan experience, but on a day-to-day basis, the new places are way more of a boon to the players, team employees and media people who have to work and (often) live in them.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)