Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
9:30 PM: Koby took six hacks and not one of them left the park. In fact, six of the participants went homerless. “The Rocket” must have really enjoyed that.
2:26 PM: Roger Clemens’ son Koby Clemens is an Astros first base prospect at Double-A and has been picked to participate in the Texas League’s Home Run Derby tonight, so the The Rocket will come out of retirement to pitch to him.
Koby Clemens has followed up a monster 2009 season by hitting .258/.367/.496 in 73 games at Double-A this year, ranking second in the Texas League with 16 homers and 53 RBIs.
He’ll try to take his father deep tonight in front of what figures to be one of the more Clemens-friendly crowds possible in Midland, Texas.
According to the Associated Press “once it looked like [Koby] would be an All-Star, Roger Clemens called event organizers and offered to take part.”
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)