Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
9:30 PM: Koby took six hacks and not one of them left the park. In fact, six of the participants went homerless. “The Rocket” must have really enjoyed that.
2:26 PM: Roger Clemens’ son Koby Clemens is an Astros first base prospect at Double-A and has been picked to participate in the Texas League’s Home Run Derby tonight, so the The Rocket will come out of retirement to pitch to him.
Koby Clemens has followed up a monster 2009 season by hitting .258/.367/.496 in 73 games at Double-A this year, ranking second in the Texas League with 16 homers and 53 RBIs.
He’ll try to take his father deep tonight in front of what figures to be one of the more Clemens-friendly crowds possible in Midland, Texas.
According to the Associated Press “once it looked like [Koby] would be an All-Star, Roger Clemens called event organizers and offered to take part.”
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (151)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)