Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
9:30 PM: Koby took six hacks and not one of them left the park. In fact, six of the participants went homerless. “The Rocket” must have really enjoyed that.
2:26 PM: Roger Clemens’ son Koby Clemens is an Astros first base prospect at Double-A and has been picked to participate in the Texas League’s Home Run Derby tonight, so the The Rocket will come out of retirement to pitch to him.
Koby Clemens has followed up a monster 2009 season by hitting .258/.367/.496 in 73 games at Double-A this year, ranking second in the Texas League with 16 homers and 53 RBIs.
He’ll try to take his father deep tonight in front of what figures to be one of the more Clemens-friendly crowds possible in Midland, Texas.
According to the Associated Press “once it looked like [Koby] would be an All-Star, Roger Clemens called event organizers and offered to take part.”
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)