Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 AM EST
I mentioned recently that I am kind of fixated on t-shirts that memorialize the most temporary of baseball stories, quotes or happenings. The example I used was the “Laser Show” shirt. A few short years from now no one but hardcore baseball geeks are going to remember what that was all about. “Operation Shutdown” would have been a great one circa 2002. The possibilities are endless.
The latest can be seen to the right, obviously commemorating Dallas Braden’s little blowup at A-Rod. I predict in five years these shirts will be worn by baseball hipsters to baseball hipster parties in much the same way lesser hipsters wear “Where’s the Beef” shirts to their parties.
They still do that, right? I never know with those guys.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)