Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
I mentioned recently that I am kind of fixated on t-shirts that memorialize the most temporary of baseball stories, quotes or happenings. The example I used was the “Laser Show” shirt. A few short years from now no one but hardcore baseball geeks are going to remember what that was all about. “Operation Shutdown” would have been a great one circa 2002. The possibilities are endless.
The latest can be seen to the right, obviously commemorating Dallas Braden’s little blowup at A-Rod. I predict in five years these shirts will be worn by baseball hipsters to baseball hipster parties in much the same way lesser hipsters wear “Where’s the Beef” shirts to their parties.
They still do that, right? I never know with those guys.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)