Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
I mentioned recently that I am kind of fixated on t-shirts that memorialize the most temporary of baseball stories, quotes or happenings. The example I used was the “Laser Show” shirt. A few short years from now no one but hardcore baseball geeks are going to remember what that was all about. “Operation Shutdown” would have been a great one circa 2002. The possibilities are endless.
The latest can be seen to the right, obviously commemorating Dallas Braden’s little blowup at A-Rod. I predict in five years these shirts will be worn by baseball hipsters to baseball hipster parties in much the same way lesser hipsters wear “Where’s the Beef” shirts to their parties.
They still do that, right? I never know with those guys.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)