Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
I mentioned recently that I am kind of fixated on t-shirts that memorialize the most temporary of baseball stories, quotes or happenings. The example I used was the “Laser Show” shirt. A few short years from now no one but hardcore baseball geeks are going to remember what that was all about. “Operation Shutdown” would have been a great one circa 2002. The possibilities are endless.
The latest can be seen to the right, obviously commemorating Dallas Braden’s little blowup at A-Rod. I predict in five years these shirts will be worn by baseball hipsters to baseball hipster parties in much the same way lesser hipsters wear “Where’s the Beef” shirts to their parties.
They still do that, right? I never know with those guys.
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him