Jun 30, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
I mentioned recently that I am kind of fixated on t-shirts that memorialize the most temporary of baseball stories, quotes or happenings. The example I used was the “Laser Show” shirt. A few short years from now no one but hardcore baseball geeks are going to remember what that was all about. “Operation Shutdown” would have been a great one circa 2002. The possibilities are endless.
The latest can be seen to the right, obviously commemorating Dallas Braden’s little blowup at A-Rod. I predict in five years these shirts will be worn by baseball hipsters to baseball hipster parties in much the same way lesser hipsters wear “Where’s the Beef” shirts to their parties.
They still do that, right? I never know with those guys.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)