Jul 1, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Traded from the Yankees to the Braves this offseason in the Javier Vazquez-for-Melky Cabrera swap, 19-year-old pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino has been placed on the Single-A disabled list after being diagnosed with a partially torn elbow ligament.
He’s expected to miss six weeks, which is a tough break given how well Vizcaino was pitching with a 9-3 record, 2.71 ERA, and 77/12 K/BB ratio in 83 innings split between two levels of Single-A.
The good news is that he’ll avoid surgery for now, meaning Vizcaino could potentially return in August and perhaps make up for the lost development time in the Arizona Fall League or winter ball.
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 13
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)