Jul 1, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Traded from the Yankees to the Braves this offseason in the Javier Vazquez-for-Melky Cabrera swap, 19-year-old pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino has been placed on the Single-A disabled list after being diagnosed with a partially torn elbow ligament.
He’s expected to miss six weeks, which is a tough break given how well Vizcaino was pitching with a 9-3 record, 2.71 ERA, and 77/12 K/BB ratio in 83 innings split between two levels of Single-A.
The good news is that he’ll avoid surgery for now, meaning Vizcaino could potentially return in August and perhaps make up for the lost development time in the Arizona Fall League or winter ball.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)