Jul 1, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Traded from the Yankees to the Braves this offseason in the Javier Vazquez-for-Melky Cabrera swap, 19-year-old pitching prospect Arodys Vizcaino has been placed on the Single-A disabled list after being diagnosed with a partially torn elbow ligament.
He’s expected to miss six weeks, which is a tough break given how well Vizcaino was pitching with a 9-3 record, 2.71 ERA, and 77/12 K/BB ratio in 83 innings split between two levels of Single-A.
The good news is that he’ll avoid surgery for now, meaning Vizcaino could potentially return in August and perhaps make up for the lost development time in the Arizona Fall League or winter ball.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)