Jul 1, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
We all know that Mariano Rivera is great, even at age 40. I mean, look at his line this season, it’s insane.
We also know why he’s great. It’s that infernal cutter of his, which saws up more lumber than Weyerhaeuser.
But I don’t think we’ve ever seen his greatness displayed in such a cool and visually stunning manner as this interactive gem from the New York Times.
But watch with care. One writer said watching it gave him a “dorkgasm.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)