Jul 1, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
We all know that Mariano Rivera is great, even at age 40. I mean, look at his line this season, it’s insane.
We also know why he’s great. It’s that infernal cutter of his, which saws up more lumber than Weyerhaeuser.
But I don’t think we’ve ever seen his greatness displayed in such a cool and visually stunning manner as this interactive gem from the New York Times.
But watch with care. One writer said watching it gave him a “dorkgasm.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)