Jul 1, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
We all know that Mariano Rivera is great, even at age 40. I mean, look at his line this season, it’s insane.
We also know why he’s great. It’s that infernal cutter of his, which saws up more lumber than Weyerhaeuser.
But I don’t think we’ve ever seen his greatness displayed in such a cool and visually stunning manner as this interactive gem from the New York Times.
But watch with care. One writer said watching it gave him a “dorkgasm.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)