Jul 1, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
We all know that Mariano Rivera is great, even at age 40. I mean, look at his line this season, it’s insane.
We also know why he’s great. It’s that infernal cutter of his, which saws up more lumber than Weyerhaeuser.
But I don’t think we’ve ever seen his greatness displayed in such a cool and visually stunning manner as this interactive gem from the New York Times.
But watch with care. One writer said watching it gave him a “dorkgasm.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)