Jul 1, 2010, 12:21 AM EDT
We all know that Mariano Rivera is great, even at age 40. I mean, look at his line this season, it’s insane.
We also know why he’s great. It’s that infernal cutter of his, which saws up more lumber than Weyerhaeuser.
But I don’t think we’ve ever seen his greatness displayed in such a cool and visually stunning manner as this interactive gem from the New York Times.
But watch with care. One writer said watching it gave him a “dorkgasm.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)