Jul 1, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
You can add the Phillies to the list of suitors interested in Dan Haren, joining the Nationals and the Cardinals. Indeed, Jerry Crasnick tweets
that the Diamondbacks are scouting Phillies’ prospects to see what they might get in return.
Haren doesn’t appear to be having his best year ever — he’s 7-6 with a 4.56 ERA — but his strikeout and walk rates are pretty much the same as they ever are and not having a good bullpen behind him (to say the least) is likely contributing to a lot of runs being charged to him after he’s been lifted. The guy’s been a horse for several years now and would make a great addition for anyone who can afford him.
In a year when everyone is looking at Cliff Lee, Haren may wind up being nearly the difference maker that Lee is.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)