Jul 1, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
You can add the Phillies to the list of suitors interested in Dan Haren, joining the Nationals and the Cardinals. Indeed, Jerry Crasnick tweets
that the Diamondbacks are scouting Phillies’ prospects to see what they might get in return.
Haren doesn’t appear to be having his best year ever — he’s 7-6 with a 4.56 ERA — but his strikeout and walk rates are pretty much the same as they ever are and not having a good bullpen behind him (to say the least) is likely contributing to a lot of runs being charged to him after he’s been lifted. The guy’s been a horse for several years now and would make a great addition for anyone who can afford him.
In a year when everyone is looking at Cliff Lee, Haren may wind up being nearly the difference maker that Lee is.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)