Jul 1, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
You can add the Phillies to the list of suitors interested in Dan Haren, joining the Nationals and the Cardinals. Indeed, Jerry Crasnick tweets
that the Diamondbacks are scouting Phillies’ prospects to see what they might get in return.
Haren doesn’t appear to be having his best year ever — he’s 7-6 with a 4.56 ERA — but his strikeout and walk rates are pretty much the same as they ever are and not having a good bullpen behind him (to say the least) is likely contributing to a lot of runs being charged to him after he’s been lifted. The guy’s been a horse for several years now and would make a great addition for anyone who can afford him.
In a year when everyone is looking at Cliff Lee, Haren may wind up being nearly the difference maker that Lee is.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)