Jul 1, 2010, 12:12 PM EST
You can add the Phillies to the list of suitors interested in Dan Haren, joining the Nationals and the Cardinals. Indeed, Jerry Crasnick tweets
that the Diamondbacks are scouting Phillies’ prospects to see what they might get in return.
Haren doesn’t appear to be having his best year ever — he’s 7-6 with a 4.56 ERA — but his strikeout and walk rates are pretty much the same as they ever are and not having a good bullpen behind him (to say the least) is likely contributing to a lot of runs being charged to him after he’s been lifted. The guy’s been a horse for several years now and would make a great addition for anyone who can afford him.
In a year when everyone is looking at Cliff Lee, Haren may wind up being nearly the difference maker that Lee is.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (366)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (83)