Jul 1, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
UPDATE: Now it’s being widely reported that Utley actually already had his surgery this morning.
12:14 P.M.: I’ve only seen this from one source so far — Peter Gammons — but if he’s right, the news is very, very bad for the Phillies: Gammons says that Chase Utley is going to require surgery on his
injured thumb. Gammons says he could miss five or six weeks.
Now would be a great time for the Phillies to make that trade for Dan Haren we just got done talking about, by the way. You know, to prevent the mass suicides and everything.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)