Jul 1, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
UPDATE: Now it’s being widely reported that Utley actually already had his surgery this morning.
12:14 P.M.: I’ve only seen this from one source so far — Peter Gammons — but if he’s right, the news is very, very bad for the Phillies: Gammons says that Chase Utley is going to require surgery on his
injured thumb. Gammons says he could miss five or six weeks.
Now would be a great time for the Phillies to make that trade for Dan Haren we just got done talking about, by the way. You know, to prevent the mass suicides and everything.
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 4
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 160
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)