Jul 1, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
As we mentioned on Tuesday, Mark Prior is trying to make a comeback. He had his workout at USC yesterday in front of representatives from 15 teams. FanHouse’s Tom Krasovic said that at least one team is interested in him. No idea who it is.
Prior apparently hit 90 miles per hour during his session, but that doesn’t mean much as far as these things go. No matter what the interest level, the odds of him coming back at this point have to be longer than the odds of successfully surviving an attack on an Imperial Star
Destroyer or successfully navigating an asteroid field or something.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)