Jul 1, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
Ted Lilly must have a great cell phone plan. Unlimited minutes to call anywhere, including Greater Crazyville, where he apparently reached Carlos Zambrano:
Ted Lilly became the first Cubs player to get through to Carlos Zambrano, saying the controversial pitcher wants to return to help the team in the second half of the season.
“I talked to Carlos (Monday) night and he wants to be back out here and he wants to help the team, and I believe that he’s going to do that,” Lilly told WGN-Ch. 9.
And my daughter believes the tooth fairy left that buck under her pillow last week. Beliefs are nice like that. But just like that baby tooth falling out to make way for the permanent one, Carlos Zambrano stands as an excellent example of addition by subtraction.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)