Jul 1, 2010, 1:12 PM EST
Ted Lilly must have a great cell phone plan. Unlimited minutes to call anywhere, including Greater Crazyville, where he apparently reached Carlos Zambrano:
Ted Lilly became the first Cubs player to get through to Carlos Zambrano, saying the controversial pitcher wants to return to help the team in the second half of the season.
“I talked to Carlos (Monday) night and he wants to be back out here and he wants to help the team, and I believe that he’s going to do that,” Lilly told WGN-Ch. 9.
And my daughter believes the tooth fairy left that buck under her pillow last week. Beliefs are nice like that. But just like that baby tooth falling out to make way for the permanent one, Carlos Zambrano stands as an excellent example of addition by subtraction.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)