Jul 1, 2010, 1:12 PM EDT
Ted Lilly must have a great cell phone plan. Unlimited minutes to call anywhere, including Greater Crazyville, where he apparently reached Carlos Zambrano:
Ted Lilly became the first Cubs player to get through to Carlos Zambrano, saying the controversial pitcher wants to return to help the team in the second half of the season.
“I talked to Carlos (Monday) night and he wants to be back out here and he wants to help the team, and I believe that he’s going to do that,” Lilly told WGN-Ch. 9.
And my daughter believes the tooth fairy left that buck under her pillow last week. Beliefs are nice like that. But just like that baby tooth falling out to make way for the permanent one, Carlos Zambrano stands as an excellent example of addition by subtraction.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 100
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (100)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)