Jul 1, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
Today is my 15th wedding anniversary. I’m only 36 years-old, so if you do the math you’ll realize that I didn’t exactly have a long dating career before gettin’ hitched. As such, I’ve never had to experience that dynamic in which I dumped a girl, went on with my life and, a year later, saw her walk by, looking hotter than ever, making me wonder what the hell I was thinking.
But after the past few days I bet it feels a lot like being an Angels fan.
Vladimir Guerrero (i.e. the girlfriend) went 4 for 4 with two homers and four RBI last night. In four games against the Angels this year he’s gone 10 for 16 with four
homers. Forget just bein’ hot: in this case the ex-girlfriend is hot and came into some money too.
The Rangers are now ahead of the Angels by four and a half games in the West. Which, to beat the final bit of life out of my metaphor, is the equivalent of not just seeing your hot, rich ex-girlfriend walk by, but seeing her arm-in-arm with the guy who took your job after you got laid off.
In other news, this is now the Angels new theme song.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)