Jul 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Athletics’ Assassin (not sure I like that, but bear with me, I’m trying new things) Susan Slusser reports that Dallas Braden is likely to be scratched from tomorrow’s scheduled start against the Indians. In his place will be Clay Mortenson, who will be called up from Sacramento. Slusser says the A’s may wait to announce the move until Mortenson arrives in Cleveland. I guess it’s because they don’t want to jinx the airplane he’s on or something.
When a pitcher misses a couple of straight starts with somewhat elusive elbow problems after a string of relatively ineffective performances, that’s a pitcher who needs to go on the disabled list.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)