Jul 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EST
Athletics’ Assassin (not sure I like that, but bear with me, I’m trying new things) Susan Slusser reports that Dallas Braden is likely to be scratched from tomorrow’s scheduled start against the Indians. In his place will be Clay Mortenson, who will be called up from Sacramento. Slusser says the A’s may wait to announce the move until Mortenson arrives in Cleveland. I guess it’s because they don’t want to jinx the airplane he’s on or something.
When a pitcher misses a couple of straight starts with somewhat elusive elbow problems after a string of relatively ineffective performances, that’s a pitcher who needs to go on the disabled list.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)