Jul 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Athletics’ Assassin (not sure I like that, but bear with me, I’m trying new things) Susan Slusser reports that Dallas Braden is likely to be scratched from tomorrow’s scheduled start against the Indians. In his place will be Clay Mortenson, who will be called up from Sacramento. Slusser says the A’s may wait to announce the move until Mortenson arrives in Cleveland. I guess it’s because they don’t want to jinx the airplane he’s on or something.
When a pitcher misses a couple of straight starts with somewhat elusive elbow problems after a string of relatively ineffective performances, that’s a pitcher who needs to go on the disabled list.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)