Jul 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Athletics’ Assassin (not sure I like that, but bear with me, I’m trying new things) Susan Slusser reports that Dallas Braden is likely to be scratched from tomorrow’s scheduled start against the Indians. In his place will be Clay Mortenson, who will be called up from Sacramento. Slusser says the A’s may wait to announce the move until Mortenson arrives in Cleveland. I guess it’s because they don’t want to jinx the airplane he’s on or something.
When a pitcher misses a couple of straight starts with somewhat elusive elbow problems after a string of relatively ineffective performances, that’s a pitcher who needs to go on the disabled list.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)