Jul 2, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Athletics’ Assassin (not sure I like that, but bear with me, I’m trying new things) Susan Slusser reports that Dallas Braden is likely to be scratched from tomorrow’s scheduled start against the Indians. In his place will be Clay Mortenson, who will be called up from Sacramento. Slusser says the A’s may wait to announce the move until Mortenson arrives in Cleveland. I guess it’s because they don’t want to jinx the airplane he’s on or something.
When a pitcher misses a couple of straight starts with somewhat elusive elbow problems after a string of relatively ineffective performances, that’s a pitcher who needs to go on the disabled list.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39