Jul 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talks to a GM who remains nameless who says that before it’s all said and done some 12-15 teams will show at least some amount of interest in Cliff Lee. Among the usual suspects — Mets, Rangers, Twins — Heyman says that the Rays and the Phillies are showing interest too.
I guess this is what happens when you have a perfect storm of outstanding pitcher + cheap contract + the lack of a no-trade clause.
Fasten you seat belts. It’s gonna be a bumpy month.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)