Jul 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talks to a GM who remains nameless who says that before it’s all said and done some 12-15 teams will show at least some amount of interest in Cliff Lee. Among the usual suspects — Mets, Rangers, Twins — Heyman says that the Rays and the Phillies are showing interest too.
I guess this is what happens when you have a perfect storm of outstanding pitcher + cheap contract + the lack of a no-trade clause.
Fasten you seat belts. It’s gonna be a bumpy month.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)