Jul 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talks to a GM who remains nameless who says that before it’s all said and done some 12-15 teams will show at least some amount of interest in Cliff Lee. Among the usual suspects — Mets, Rangers, Twins — Heyman says that the Rays and the Phillies are showing interest too.
I guess this is what happens when you have a perfect storm of outstanding pitcher + cheap contract + the lack of a no-trade clause.
Fasten you seat belts. It’s gonna be a bumpy month.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 14
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)