Jul 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talks to a GM who remains nameless who says that before it’s all said and done some 12-15 teams will show at least some amount of interest in Cliff Lee. Among the usual suspects — Mets, Rangers, Twins — Heyman says that the Rays and the Phillies are showing interest too.
I guess this is what happens when you have a perfect storm of outstanding pitcher + cheap contract + the lack of a no-trade clause.
Fasten you seat belts. It’s gonna be a bumpy month.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)