Jul 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
Jon Heyman talks to a GM who remains nameless who says that before it’s all said and done some 12-15 teams will show at least some amount of interest in Cliff Lee. Among the usual suspects — Mets, Rangers, Twins — Heyman says that the Rays and the Phillies are showing interest too.
I guess this is what happens when you have a perfect storm of outstanding pitcher + cheap contract + the lack of a no-trade clause.
Fasten you seat belts. It’s gonna be a bumpy month.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (111)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)