Jul 2, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
Pittsburgh isn’t going anywhere and they have a $3.25 million closer who is pitching pretty well. You don’t have to be Kreskin or Josh Beckett’s girlfriend to figure out how this is gonna turn out. He’s gone, sooner rather than later.
The latest rumor is that the Marlins are interested. Florida isn’t as bad off as Pittsburgh, competitively speaking, and they do have a terrible bullpen, so they probably match up well enough. I’ll go out on a limb, however, and predict that such a deal will not alter the balance of power in the National League.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (157)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)