Jul 2, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
Pittsburgh isn’t going anywhere and they have a $3.25 million closer who is pitching pretty well. You don’t have to be Kreskin or Josh Beckett’s girlfriend to figure out how this is gonna turn out. He’s gone, sooner rather than later.
The latest rumor is that the Marlins are interested. Florida isn’t as bad off as Pittsburgh, competitively speaking, and they do have a terrible bullpen, so they probably match up well enough. I’ll go out on a limb, however, and predict that such a deal will not alter the balance of power in the National League.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 2
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)