Jul 2, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
Pittsburgh isn’t going anywhere and they have a $3.25 million closer who is pitching pretty well. You don’t have to be Kreskin or Josh Beckett’s girlfriend to figure out how this is gonna turn out. He’s gone, sooner rather than later.
The latest rumor is that the Marlins are interested. Florida isn’t as bad off as Pittsburgh, competitively speaking, and they do have a terrible bullpen, so they probably match up well enough. I’ll go out on a limb, however, and predict that such a deal will not alter the balance of power in the National League.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)