Jul 2, 2010, 4:02 PM EDT
Pittsburgh isn’t going anywhere and they have a $3.25 million closer who is pitching pretty well. You don’t have to be Kreskin or Josh Beckett’s girlfriend to figure out how this is gonna turn out. He’s gone, sooner rather than later.
The latest rumor is that the Marlins are interested. Florida isn’t as bad off as Pittsburgh, competitively speaking, and they do have a terrible bullpen, so they probably match up well enough. I’ll go out on a limb, however, and predict that such a deal will not alter the balance of power in the National League.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)