Jul 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EST
Well, duh. Who wouldn’t be? But don’t forget that there’s some history here.
The Giants took umbrage with Prince Fielder’s choreographed “bowling pin” celebration after a walkoff home run last September, but Barry Zito told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that it shouldn’t stand in the way of a potential trade.
“I don’t see why not,” Zito
said. “If someone is a San Francisco Giant, he’s a San Francisco Giant,
and we put everything in the past behind us. We’re all grown men. If
we’re all going for the same cause, we’re all together. That’s what
Zito plunked Fielder in retaliation during spring training — that 85 mph fastball really sent a massage, I’m sure — however the two teams have yet to meet during the regular season. They’ll kick off a four-game series in Milwaukee on Monday.
It’s nice to hear that Zito is willing to forgive and forget, but the conversation may all be for naught.
While Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com says the Brewers want Jonathan Sanchez and prospect outfielder Thomas Neal in exchange for Fielder (hm?), Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that there have been no recent talks between the teams.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)