Jul 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
Well, duh. Who wouldn’t be? But don’t forget that there’s some history here.
The Giants took umbrage with Prince Fielder’s choreographed “bowling pin” celebration after a walkoff home run last September, but Barry Zito told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that it shouldn’t stand in the way of a potential trade.
“I don’t see why not,” Zito
said. “If someone is a San Francisco Giant, he’s a San Francisco Giant,
and we put everything in the past behind us. We’re all grown men. If
we’re all going for the same cause, we’re all together. That’s what
Zito plunked Fielder in retaliation during spring training — that 85 mph fastball really sent a massage, I’m sure — however the two teams have yet to meet during the regular season. They’ll kick off a four-game series in Milwaukee on Monday.
It’s nice to hear that Zito is willing to forgive and forget, but the conversation may all be for naught.
While Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com says the Brewers want Jonathan Sanchez and prospect outfielder Thomas Neal in exchange for Fielder (hm?), Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that there have been no recent talks between the teams.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 13
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)