Jul 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EST
Well, duh. Who wouldn’t be? But don’t forget that there’s some history here.
The Giants took umbrage with Prince Fielder’s choreographed “bowling pin” celebration after a walkoff home run last September, but Barry Zito told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that it shouldn’t stand in the way of a potential trade.
“I don’t see why not,” Zito
said. “If someone is a San Francisco Giant, he’s a San Francisco Giant,
and we put everything in the past behind us. We’re all grown men. If
we’re all going for the same cause, we’re all together. That’s what
Zito plunked Fielder in retaliation during spring training — that 85 mph fastball really sent a massage, I’m sure — however the two teams have yet to meet during the regular season. They’ll kick off a four-game series in Milwaukee on Monday.
It’s nice to hear that Zito is willing to forgive and forget, but the conversation may all be for naught.
While Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com says the Brewers want Jonathan Sanchez and prospect outfielder Thomas Neal in exchange for Fielder (hm?), Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that there have been no recent talks between the teams.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 2
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)