Jul 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
As expected, B.J. Upton is back in the starting lineup against the Twins on Saturday afternoon, according to Joe Smith of the St. Petersburg Times. He’ll bat sixth against left-hander Francisco Liriano.
It will be his first start since his heated argument with Evan Longoria in the dugout last Sunday.
Upton was mysteriously absent from the lineup against the Red Sox on Tuesday, possibly as a result of his actions on Sunday, but he later entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning and tweaked his right quad playing defense in the ninth. He has been sidelined ever since, missing each of the last three games.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)