Jul 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
As expected, B.J. Upton is back in the starting lineup against the Twins on Saturday afternoon, according to Joe Smith of the St. Petersburg Times. He’ll bat sixth against left-hander Francisco Liriano.
It will be his first start since his heated argument with Evan Longoria in the dugout last Sunday.
Upton was mysteriously absent from the lineup against the Red Sox on Tuesday, possibly as a result of his actions on Sunday, but he later entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning and tweaked his right quad playing defense in the ninth. He has been sidelined ever since, missing each of the last three games.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)