Jul 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
As expected, B.J. Upton is back in the starting lineup against the Twins on Saturday afternoon, according to Joe Smith of the St. Petersburg Times. He’ll bat sixth against left-hander Francisco Liriano.
It will be his first start since his heated argument with Evan Longoria in the dugout last Sunday.
Upton was mysteriously absent from the lineup against the Red Sox on Tuesday, possibly as a result of his actions on Sunday, but he later entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning and tweaked his right quad playing defense in the ninth. He has been sidelined ever since, missing each of the last three games.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)