Jul 3, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
As expected, B.J. Upton is back in the starting lineup against the Twins on Saturday afternoon, according to Joe Smith of the St. Petersburg Times. He’ll bat sixth against left-hander Francisco Liriano.
It will be his first start since his heated argument with Evan Longoria in the dugout last Sunday.
Upton was mysteriously absent from the lineup against the Red Sox on Tuesday, possibly as a result of his actions on Sunday, but he later entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning and tweaked his right quad playing defense in the ninth. He has been sidelined ever since, missing each of the last three games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)