Jul 3, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
The Dodgers finally bit the bullet and placed outfielder Manny Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Saturday, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Manny has been sidelined by a strained right hamstring since late June and will rest for at least the next week to allow time for healing. He’s batting .322 with a .412 on-base and .525 slugging percentage this season, but his power numbers have fallen considerably. In 183 at-bats, he has only eight home runs.
Xavier Paul was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding move and is expected to get a handful of starts while Ramirez is out. Reed Johnson and Garret Anderson are also in line for more playing time.
The Dodgers, 43-36, are 3.5 games back of the Padres in the National League West.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)