Jul 3, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Dodgers finally bit the bullet and placed outfielder Manny Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Saturday, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Manny has been sidelined by a strained right hamstring since late June and will rest for at least the next week to allow time for healing. He’s batting .322 with a .412 on-base and .525 slugging percentage this season, but his power numbers have fallen considerably. In 183 at-bats, he has only eight home runs.
Xavier Paul was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding move and is expected to get a handful of starts while Ramirez is out. Reed Johnson and Garret Anderson are also in line for more playing time.
The Dodgers, 43-36, are 3.5 games back of the Padres in the National League West.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)