Jul 3, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
The Dodgers finally bit the bullet and placed outfielder Manny Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Saturday, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Manny has been sidelined by a strained right hamstring since late June and will rest for at least the next week to allow time for healing. He’s batting .322 with a .412 on-base and .525 slugging percentage this season, but his power numbers have fallen considerably. In 183 at-bats, he has only eight home runs.
Xavier Paul was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding move and is expected to get a handful of starts while Ramirez is out. Reed Johnson and Garret Anderson are also in line for more playing time.
The Dodgers, 43-36, are 3.5 games back of the Padres in the National League West.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)