Jul 3, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Dodgers finally bit the bullet and placed outfielder Manny Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Saturday, according to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times.
Manny has been sidelined by a strained right hamstring since late June and will rest for at least the next week to allow time for healing. He’s batting .322 with a .412 on-base and .525 slugging percentage this season, but his power numbers have fallen considerably. In 183 at-bats, he has only eight home runs.
Xavier Paul was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding move and is expected to get a handful of starts while Ramirez is out. Reed Johnson and Garret Anderson are also in line for more playing time.
The Dodgers, 43-36, are 3.5 games back of the Padres in the National League West.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (78)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)