Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
One of the biggest reasons I took this job is because I hate having to, you know, get dressed in order to go to work. I mean, it was just a matter of time before what happened to the Astros’ Geoff Blum over the weekend happened to me:
Blum felt a “pop” in his elbow while putting on his shirt following
Thursday’s contest against the Padres, according to manager Brad Mills.
With the soreness continuing into Friday, Blum was evaluated at a local
hospital where doctors found “loose bodies” in the elbow.
“He was putting on his shirt after the game, and his elbow goes, ‘Boom,
pop,’ and it blows up on him,” Mills said.
Fight the real enemy, people.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)