Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
One of the biggest reasons I took this job is because I hate having to, you know, get dressed in order to go to work. I mean, it was just a matter of time before what happened to the Astros’ Geoff Blum over the weekend happened to me:
Blum felt a “pop” in his elbow while putting on his shirt following
Thursday’s contest against the Padres, according to manager Brad Mills.
With the soreness continuing into Friday, Blum was evaluated at a local
hospital where doctors found “loose bodies” in the elbow.
“He was putting on his shirt after the game, and his elbow goes, ‘Boom,
pop,’ and it blows up on him,” Mills said.
Fight the real enemy, people.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 24
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (100)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)