Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
One of the biggest reasons I took this job is because I hate having to, you know, get dressed in order to go to work. I mean, it was just a matter of time before what happened to the Astros’ Geoff Blum over the weekend happened to me:
Blum felt a “pop” in his elbow while putting on his shirt following
Thursday’s contest against the Padres, according to manager Brad Mills.
With the soreness continuing into Friday, Blum was evaluated at a local
hospital where doctors found “loose bodies” in the elbow.
“He was putting on his shirt after the game, and his elbow goes, ‘Boom,
pop,’ and it blows up on him,” Mills said.
Fight the real enemy, people.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)