Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 AM EST
One of the biggest reasons I took this job is because I hate having to, you know, get dressed in order to go to work. I mean, it was just a matter of time before what happened to the Astros’ Geoff Blum over the weekend happened to me:
Blum felt a “pop” in his elbow while putting on his shirt following
Thursday’s contest against the Padres, according to manager Brad Mills.
With the soreness continuing into Friday, Blum was evaluated at a local
hospital where doctors found “loose bodies” in the elbow.
“He was putting on his shirt after the game, and his elbow goes, ‘Boom,
pop,’ and it blows up on him,” Mills said.
Fight the real enemy, people.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 25
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)