Jul 5, 2010, 9:19 AM EDT
One of the biggest reasons I took this job is because I hate having to, you know, get dressed in order to go to work. I mean, it was just a matter of time before what happened to the Astros’ Geoff Blum over the weekend happened to me:
Blum felt a “pop” in his elbow while putting on his shirt following
Thursday’s contest against the Padres, according to manager Brad Mills.
With the soreness continuing into Friday, Blum was evaluated at a local
hospital where doctors found “loose bodies” in the elbow.
“He was putting on his shirt after the game, and his elbow goes, ‘Boom,
pop,’ and it blows up on him,” Mills said.
Fight the real enemy, people.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)