Jul 5, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
Kyle Drabek — son of Doug and trade-fodder for Roy Halladay — threw a no-hitter for the Jays’ AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats yesterday. Drabek walked two and struck out three.
Overall Drabek is 8-8 with a 3.20 ERA in the minors since being acquired by Toronto back in December. Having watched his father pitch an awful lot in the late 80s and early 90s, Drabek’s age and progress are just the latest thing to make me feel like an old man.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)