Jul 5, 2010, 9:48 AM EST
Kyle Drabek — son of Doug and trade-fodder for Roy Halladay — threw a no-hitter for the Jays’ AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats yesterday. Drabek walked two and struck out three.
Overall Drabek is 8-8 with a 3.20 ERA in the minors since being acquired by Toronto back in December. Having watched his father pitch an awful lot in the late 80s and early 90s, Drabek’s age and progress are just the latest thing to make me feel like an old man.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)