Jul 5, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
Kyle Drabek — son of Doug and trade-fodder for Roy Halladay — threw a no-hitter for the Jays’ AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats yesterday. Drabek walked two and struck out three.
Overall Drabek is 8-8 with a 3.20 ERA in the minors since being acquired by Toronto back in December. Having watched his father pitch an awful lot in the late 80s and early 90s, Drabek’s age and progress are just the latest thing to make me feel like an old man.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)