Jul 5, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
Kyle Drabek — son of Doug and trade-fodder for Roy Halladay — threw a no-hitter for the Jays’ AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats yesterday. Drabek walked two and struck out three.
Overall Drabek is 8-8 with a 3.20 ERA in the minors since being acquired by Toronto back in December. Having watched his father pitch an awful lot in the late 80s and early 90s, Drabek’s age and progress are just the latest thing to make me feel like an old man.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)