Jul 5, 2010, 9:48 AM EDT
Kyle Drabek — son of Doug and trade-fodder for Roy Halladay — threw a no-hitter for the Jays’ AA New Hampshire Fisher Cats yesterday. Drabek walked two and struck out three.
Overall Drabek is 8-8 with a 3.20 ERA in the minors since being acquired by Toronto back in December. Having watched his father pitch an awful lot in the late 80s and early 90s, Drabek’s age and progress are just the latest thing to make me feel like an old man.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)