Jul 5, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
We hear about Adam LaRoche, Kelly Johnson and Dan Haren being shopped by Arizona, but another valuable player on the sinking Diamondbacks ship is Stephen Drew. And now Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tigers are interested in him.
team control through 2012. The bat isn’t overwhelming this year, and he is coming off of a pesky knee injury, but given that the Tigers are trotting Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth out there, he’d represent an improvement.
Indeed, the reason the Tigers haven’t been able to take control of the division is because they simply have too many black holes in the lineup. Getting Drew would fill one of those.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)