Jul 5, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
We hear about Adam LaRoche, Kelly Johnson and Dan Haren being shopped by Arizona, but another valuable player on the sinking Diamondbacks ship is Stephen Drew. And now Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tigers are interested in him.
team control through 2012. The bat isn’t overwhelming this year, and he is coming off of a pesky knee injury, but given that the Tigers are trotting Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth out there, he’d represent an improvement.
Indeed, the reason the Tigers haven’t been able to take control of the division is because they simply have too many black holes in the lineup. Getting Drew would fill one of those.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)