Jul 5, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
We hear about Adam LaRoche, Kelly Johnson and Dan Haren being shopped by Arizona, but another valuable player on the sinking Diamondbacks ship is Stephen Drew. And now Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tigers are interested in him.
team control through 2012. The bat isn’t overwhelming this year, and he is coming off of a pesky knee injury, but given that the Tigers are trotting Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth out there, he’d represent an improvement.
Indeed, the reason the Tigers haven’t been able to take control of the division is because they simply have too many black holes in the lineup. Getting Drew would fill one of those.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)