Jul 5, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
We hear about Adam LaRoche, Kelly Johnson and Dan Haren being shopped by Arizona, but another valuable player on the sinking Diamondbacks ship is Stephen Drew. And now Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tigers are interested in him.
team control through 2012. The bat isn’t overwhelming this year, and he is coming off of a pesky knee injury, but given that the Tigers are trotting Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth out there, he’d represent an improvement.
Indeed, the reason the Tigers haven’t been able to take control of the division is because they simply have too many black holes in the lineup. Getting Drew would fill one of those.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 23
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 92
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (188)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)