Jul 5, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
We hear about Adam LaRoche, Kelly Johnson and Dan Haren being shopped by Arizona, but another valuable player on the sinking Diamondbacks ship is Stephen Drew. And now Ken Rosenthal reports that the Tigers are interested in him.
team control through 2012. The bat isn’t overwhelming this year, and he is coming off of a pesky knee injury, but given that the Tigers are trotting Ramon Santiago and Danny Worth out there, he’d represent an improvement.
Indeed, the reason the Tigers haven’t been able to take control of the division is because they simply have too many black holes in the lineup. Getting Drew would fill one of those.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)