Jul 6, 2010, 1:44 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, Alex Rodriguez “is scheduled to attend a fundraiser for a foundation that educates youth about the dangers of performance-enhancing drugs.”
Rodriguez “and some of his teammates” are expected to attend an August 19 event at Yankee Stadium honoring Taylor Hooten, a 17-year-old baseball player who committed suicide in 2003 due to depression that has been linked to steroid usage.
Fellow admitted steroid user Andy Pettitte is slated to join Rodriguez in “providing signed items for sponsors” of the event.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)