Jul 6, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Alex Rodriguez “is scheduled to attend a fundraiser for a foundation that educates youth about the dangers of performance-enhancing drugs.”
Rodriguez “and some of his teammates” are expected to attend an August 19 event at Yankee Stadium honoring Taylor Hooten, a 17-year-old baseball player who committed suicide in 2003 due to depression that has been linked to steroid usage.
Fellow admitted steroid user Andy Pettitte is slated to join Rodriguez in “providing signed items for sponsors” of the event.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)