Jul 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Either Jerry Manuel is helplessly out of the loop, or else the Mets are profoundly schizophrenic about when Carlos Beltran is going to be activated.
First, Manuel said he could be back for the Marlins in
Puerto Rico. That obviously didn’t happen. Then it was suggested that the Reds series this week. Then the team said that it would be after the All-Star break. Now Manuel is saying it could be later this week for the Braves series. At this point I don’t think we have any rational way to tell when he’ll be activated short of seeing him actually run out onto the field at the beginning of a game.
The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)