Jul 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Either Jerry Manuel is helplessly out of the loop, or else the Mets are profoundly schizophrenic about when Carlos Beltran is going to be activated.
First, Manuel said he could be back for the Marlins in
Puerto Rico. That obviously didn’t happen. Then it was suggested that the Reds series this week. Then the team said that it would be after the All-Star break. Now Manuel is saying it could be later this week for the Braves series. At this point I don’t think we have any rational way to tell when he’ll be activated short of seeing him actually run out onto the field at the beginning of a game.
The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8