Jul 6, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Either Jerry Manuel is helplessly out of the loop, or else the Mets are profoundly schizophrenic about when Carlos Beltran is going to be activated.
First, Manuel said he could be back for the Marlins in
Puerto Rico. That obviously didn’t happen. Then it was suggested that the Reds series this week. Then the team said that it would be after the All-Star break. Now Manuel is saying it could be later this week for the Braves series. At this point I don’t think we have any rational way to tell when he’ll be activated short of seeing him actually run out onto the field at the beginning of a game.
The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11