Jul 6, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Bengie Molina has a great account of his trade from the Giants to the Rangers up on his blog. In it he talks about how trades affect families, how he heard about it all (i.e. from teammates who are faster on the Blackberry draw than he was) and how his final hours with the Giants went down. Moving stuff:
by one, my teammates – especially the pitchers – gave me hugs and
for the help I had given them over the years. When we were all on the
heading to the hotel, I stood up in the aisle and faced the team.
just want to say thanks for being such great teammates and for taking
me. I’m really going to miss you guys,” I said. “You have what it takes
this thing, and I’m going to watching as much as I can. You guys have my
number. Even if I’m not your teammate any more, I’ll always be your
I was about to sit down when everyone started to clap. Then they stood and
clapped some more. It was an amazing feeling.
Read the whole post. He even goes out of his way to praise Buster Posey, the guy who essentially made him expendable.
Moina sounds like a class act.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)