Jul 6, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Bengie Molina has a great account of his trade from the Giants to the Rangers up on his blog. In it he talks about how trades affect families, how he heard about it all (i.e. from teammates who are faster on the Blackberry draw than he was) and how his final hours with the Giants went down. Moving stuff:
by one, my teammates – especially the pitchers – gave me hugs and
for the help I had given them over the years. When we were all on the
heading to the hotel, I stood up in the aisle and faced the team.
just want to say thanks for being such great teammates and for taking
me. I’m really going to miss you guys,” I said. “You have what it takes
this thing, and I’m going to watching as much as I can. You guys have my
number. Even if I’m not your teammate any more, I’ll always be your
I was about to sit down when everyone started to clap. Then they stood and
clapped some more. It was an amazing feeling.
Read the whole post. He even goes out of his way to praise Buster Posey, the guy who essentially made him expendable.
Moina sounds like a class act.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 54
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 65
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)