Jul 6, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Bengie Molina has a great account of his trade from the Giants to the Rangers up on his blog. In it he talks about how trades affect families, how he heard about it all (i.e. from teammates who are faster on the Blackberry draw than he was) and how his final hours with the Giants went down. Moving stuff:
by one, my teammates – especially the pitchers – gave me hugs and
for the help I had given them over the years. When we were all on the
heading to the hotel, I stood up in the aisle and faced the team.
just want to say thanks for being such great teammates and for taking
me. I’m really going to miss you guys,” I said. “You have what it takes
this thing, and I’m going to watching as much as I can. You guys have my
number. Even if I’m not your teammate any more, I’ll always be your
I was about to sit down when everyone started to clap. Then they stood and
clapped some more. It was an amazing feeling.
Read the whole post. He even goes out of his way to praise Buster Posey, the guy who essentially made him expendable.
Moina sounds like a class act.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)