Jul 6, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
Bengie Molina has a great account of his trade from the Giants to the Rangers up on his blog. In it he talks about how trades affect families, how he heard about it all (i.e. from teammates who are faster on the Blackberry draw than he was) and how his final hours with the Giants went down. Moving stuff:
by one, my teammates – especially the pitchers – gave me hugs and
for the help I had given them over the years. When we were all on the
heading to the hotel, I stood up in the aisle and faced the team.
just want to say thanks for being such great teammates and for taking
me. I’m really going to miss you guys,” I said. “You have what it takes
this thing, and I’m going to watching as much as I can. You guys have my
number. Even if I’m not your teammate any more, I’ll always be your
I was about to sit down when everyone started to clap. Then they stood and
clapped some more. It was an amazing feeling.
Read the whole post. He even goes out of his way to praise Buster Posey, the guy who essentially made him expendable.
Moina sounds like a class act.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17