Jul 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of the Merc reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean met up with the team in Milwaukee yesterday. One of two possibilities: (a) he’s there to scout and discuss a deal with the Brewers; or (b) he brought along the proton packs in order to bust the ghosts over at the Pfister. Assuming for a second that he’s not battling Zuul or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, what could he be thinking about accomplishing with the Brewers?
One possibility is Prince Fielder. There are no reports of any progress on the contract extension front and now that Barry Zito is cool with it — whew! — the Prince might fit in quite nicely at first base for the Giants. A more realistic possibility is Corey Hart. It’s been reported that the Giants are “very interested” in him. Worth noting, however, that people who know the Giants better are saying a deal is not likely anytime soon.
Still, it’s worth noting Sabean’s presence in Milwaukee. Word on the street is that he’s a hard man to reach. If he’s making himself available like this it must be for a good reason, right?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)