Jul 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of the Merc reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean met up with the team in Milwaukee yesterday. One of two possibilities: (a) he’s there to scout and discuss a deal with the Brewers; or (b) he brought along the proton packs in order to bust the ghosts over at the Pfister. Assuming for a second that he’s not battling Zuul or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, what could he be thinking about accomplishing with the Brewers?
One possibility is Prince Fielder. There are no reports of any progress on the contract extension front and now that Barry Zito is cool with it — whew! — the Prince might fit in quite nicely at first base for the Giants. A more realistic possibility is Corey Hart. It’s been reported that the Giants are “very interested” in him. Worth noting, however, that people who know the Giants better are saying a deal is not likely anytime soon.
Still, it’s worth noting Sabean’s presence in Milwaukee. Word on the street is that he’s a hard man to reach. If he’s making himself available like this it must be for a good reason, right?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 57
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)