Jul 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Andrew Baggarly of the Merc reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean met up with the team in Milwaukee yesterday. One of two possibilities: (a) he’s there to scout and discuss a deal with the Brewers; or (b) he brought along the proton packs in order to bust the ghosts over at the Pfister. Assuming for a second that he’s not battling Zuul or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, what could he be thinking about accomplishing with the Brewers?
One possibility is Prince Fielder. There are no reports of any progress on the contract extension front and now that Barry Zito is cool with it — whew! — the Prince might fit in quite nicely at first base for the Giants. A more realistic possibility is Corey Hart. It’s been reported that the Giants are “very interested” in him. Worth noting, however, that people who know the Giants better are saying a deal is not likely anytime soon.
Still, it’s worth noting Sabean’s presence in Milwaukee. Word on the street is that he’s a hard man to reach. If he’s making himself available like this it must be for a good reason, right?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)