Jul 6, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Andrew Baggarly of the Merc reports that Giants GM Brian Sabean met up with the team in Milwaukee yesterday. One of two possibilities: (a) he’s there to scout and discuss a deal with the Brewers; or (b) he brought along the proton packs in order to bust the ghosts over at the Pfister. Assuming for a second that he’s not battling Zuul or the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, what could he be thinking about accomplishing with the Brewers?
One possibility is Prince Fielder. There are no reports of any progress on the contract extension front and now that Barry Zito is cool with it — whew! — the Prince might fit in quite nicely at first base for the Giants. A more realistic possibility is Corey Hart. It’s been reported that the Giants are “very interested” in him. Worth noting, however, that people who know the Giants better are saying a deal is not likely anytime soon.
Still, it’s worth noting Sabean’s presence in Milwaukee. Word on the street is that he’s a hard man to reach. If he’s making himself available like this it must be for a good reason, right?
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 282
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)