Jul 6, 2010, 9:10 AM EST
There was some farkakte story back in May about how the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee was haunted and that because of it visiting baseball players don’t like to stay there. It was on a local news station and it came during May sweeps, so take it with the same grain of salt you take those “What 176 things in your house could kill your children! Story at 11!” promos that pop up around those times.
Word is now circulating, however, that the Pfister has spooked two more ballplayers — Pablo Sandoval and Edgar Renteria — who have checked out of the Pfister and have checked into another hotel down the street. Worth noting, however, that I couldn’t find any report of this other than the no-quote, no-link one linked above. And it’s an NBC site for cryin’ out loud, so it’s probably unmitigated horse hockey. You know how those guys are.
But assuming the report is true, I’m very disappointed to hear this news. Pablo Sandoval is young and impressionable so I’ll grant him his heebie jeebies. But Renteria is a wise and experienced man who was a boy in the late 70s and early 80s. He should know full well, therefore, that the “ghost” at the Pfister is really just the old caretaker in a mask, trying to scare away meddling kids.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)