Jul 6, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
There was some farkakte story back in May about how the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee was haunted and that because of it visiting baseball players don’t like to stay there. It was on a local news station and it came during May sweeps, so take it with the same grain of salt you take those “What 176 things in your house could kill your children! Story at 11!” promos that pop up around those times.
Word is now circulating, however, that the Pfister has spooked two more ballplayers — Pablo Sandoval and Edgar Renteria — who have checked out of the Pfister and have checked into another hotel down the street. Worth noting, however, that I couldn’t find any report of this other than the no-quote, no-link one linked above. And it’s an NBC site for cryin’ out loud, so it’s probably unmitigated horse hockey. You know how those guys are.
But assuming the report is true, I’m very disappointed to hear this news. Pablo Sandoval is young and impressionable so I’ll grant him his heebie jeebies. But Renteria is a wise and experienced man who was a boy in the late 70s and early 80s. He should know full well, therefore, that the “ghost” at the Pfister is really just the old caretaker in a mask, trying to scare away meddling kids.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)