Jul 6, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
There was some farkakte story back in May about how the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee was haunted and that because of it visiting baseball players don’t like to stay there. It was on a local news station and it came during May sweeps, so take it with the same grain of salt you take those “What 176 things in your house could kill your children! Story at 11!” promos that pop up around those times.
Word is now circulating, however, that the Pfister has spooked two more ballplayers — Pablo Sandoval and Edgar Renteria — who have checked out of the Pfister and have checked into another hotel down the street. Worth noting, however, that I couldn’t find any report of this other than the no-quote, no-link one linked above. And it’s an NBC site for cryin’ out loud, so it’s probably unmitigated horse hockey. You know how those guys are.
But assuming the report is true, I’m very disappointed to hear this news. Pablo Sandoval is young and impressionable so I’ll grant him his heebie jeebies. But Renteria is a wise and experienced man who was a boy in the late 70s and early 80s. He should know full well, therefore, that the “ghost” at the Pfister is really just the old caretaker in a mask, trying to scare away meddling kids.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 52
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)