Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 PM EST
Tuesday’s game between the Indians and Rangers was postponed for 16 minutes after a male spectator fell from the second deck to the field level at Rangers Ballpark while attempting to catch a foul ball hit by Nelson Cruz in the fifth inning, according to the Associated Press.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that a Rangers spokesperson said the fan fell approximately 30 feet.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the unidentified fan was responsive and had movement in all of his extremities. He was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Four other fans were injured when the spectator fell, however they were treated on scene.
We’ll pass along another update when we have one.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)