Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 PM EDT
Tuesday’s game between the Indians and Rangers was postponed for 16 minutes after a male spectator fell from the second deck to the field level at Rangers Ballpark while attempting to catch a foul ball hit by Nelson Cruz in the fifth inning, according to the Associated Press.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that a Rangers spokesperson said the fan fell approximately 30 feet.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the unidentified fan was responsive and had movement in all of his extremities. He was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Four other fans were injured when the spectator fell, however they were treated on scene.
We’ll pass along another update when we have one.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)