Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 PM EST
Tuesday’s game between the Indians and Rangers was postponed for 16 minutes after a male spectator fell from the second deck to the field level at Rangers Ballpark while attempting to catch a foul ball hit by Nelson Cruz in the fifth inning, according to the Associated Press.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that a Rangers spokesperson said the fan fell approximately 30 feet.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the unidentified fan was responsive and had movement in all of his extremities. He was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Four other fans were injured when the spectator fell, however they were treated on scene.
We’ll pass along another update when we have one.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)