Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 PM EDT
Tuesday’s game between the Indians and Rangers was postponed for 16 minutes after a male spectator fell from the second deck to the field level at Rangers Ballpark while attempting to catch a foul ball hit by Nelson Cruz in the fifth inning, according to the Associated Press.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that a Rangers spokesperson said the fan fell approximately 30 feet.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the unidentified fan was responsive and had movement in all of his extremities. He was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Four other fans were injured when the spectator fell, however they were treated on scene.
We’ll pass along another update when we have one.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)