Jul 6, 2010, 10:39 PM EDT
Tuesday’s game between the Indians and Rangers was postponed for 16 minutes after a male spectator fell from the second deck to the field level at Rangers Ballpark while attempting to catch a foul ball hit by Nelson Cruz in the fifth inning, according to the Associated Press.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that a Rangers spokesperson said the fan fell approximately 30 feet.
According to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the unidentified fan was responsive and had movement in all of his extremities. He was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Four other fans were injured when the spectator fell, however they were treated on scene.
We’ll pass along another update when we have one.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 5
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)