Jul 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
As indicated Monday, the Phillies have decided to option left-handed J.A. Happ to Triple-A rather than return him to the rotation with his rehab assignment complete.
Happ, who had been on the DL since mid-April with forearm soreness, posted a 6.93 ERA in 24 1/3 innings during his 30-day rehab assignment. The Phillies could have applied for an extension to the rehab assignment, but since Happ had options remaining, the decision was made to simply send him down.
That means Kyle Kendrick will hold on to his rotation spot for now. Kendrick is 5- with a 4.70 ERA since replacing Happ.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)