Jul 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
As indicated Monday, the Phillies have decided to option left-handed J.A. Happ to Triple-A rather than return him to the rotation with his rehab assignment complete.
Happ, who had been on the DL since mid-April with forearm soreness, posted a 6.93 ERA in 24 1/3 innings during his 30-day rehab assignment. The Phillies could have applied for an extension to the rehab assignment, but since Happ had options remaining, the decision was made to simply send him down.
That means Kyle Kendrick will hold on to his rotation spot for now. Kendrick is 5- with a 4.70 ERA since replacing Happ.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 43
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)