Jul 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
As indicated Monday, the Phillies have decided to option left-handed J.A. Happ to Triple-A rather than return him to the rotation with his rehab assignment complete.
Happ, who had been on the DL since mid-April with forearm soreness, posted a 6.93 ERA in 24 1/3 innings during his 30-day rehab assignment. The Phillies could have applied for an extension to the rehab assignment, but since Happ had options remaining, the decision was made to simply send him down.
That means Kyle Kendrick will hold on to his rotation spot for now. Kendrick is 5- with a 4.70 ERA since replacing Happ.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)