Jul 6, 2010, 12:15 AM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse reports that an “MLB source hears” the Twins have offered outfield prospect Aaron Hicks and catcher prospect Wilson Ramos to the Mariners for Cliff Lee.
As a Twins fan the notion of adding Lee to the rotation for the second half is exciting, but Hicks and Ramos is significantly more than I’d be willing to give up. Coming into the season Baseball America ranked Hicks at the 19th-best prospect in the game and Ramos also cracked their top 100 at No. 58.
For the Twins to give up both of them for a half-season of Lee and a pair of compensatory draft picks when he leaves as a free agent would be very uncharacteristic, not to mention quite a bit more than other rumored packages. And if the Mariners can get a top-25 prospect and a top-75 prospect for Lee perhaps the “Jack Zduriencik is a genius” bandwagon will start filling up again.
UPDATE: LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune chimes in to say: “Nothing close on Lee, a Twins source tells me. Still guessing that talks are fluid.”
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)