Jul 6, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The names of some of the participants in this year’s Home Run Derby — the ones who have confirmed already — were just announced. According to Tyler Kepner: David Ortiz, Corey Hart, Robinson Cano, Vernon
Wells, Matt Holliday, Miguel Cabrera will all be doing the back back back back back thing for the amusement of Chris Berman.
No Omar Infante? Maybe he’s just making everyone wait.
Like I said the other day: I’m with Tony La Russa. The Home Run Derby is a flaccid little made-for-TV spectacle. I’m not sure if what people say is true about it messing up guys’ swings, but I can’t see how it can help.
Anyway, that’s not exactly a murderers row of power (if anyone had Vernon Wells in their Home Run Derby pool before the season started, please step to the front of the room), but then again no one expected Josh Hamilton to go crazy in the thing a couple of years ago.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 21
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 17
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)