Jul 7, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Commissioner’s Office suspended five minor leaguers for PED use today. They are Yankees pitchers Daury Aquino and Alexander de
los Santos; Rays catcher Jhancarlos Infante’ Diamondbacks pitcher Joel Matos; and Royals pitcher Freddy Rodriguez. All of them are plying their trade down in the Dominican Summer League. They’ll all get 50 games on ice and a scarlet PED to wear on their cloaks.
I’m assuming only the prospect freaks — and I mean that in the kindest way possible — know who those guys are, but like your newspaper’s obituary page, I like to provide these occasional PED perp walks in case any family members are out their randomly Googling their loved ones.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims