Jul 7, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Commissioner’s Office suspended five minor leaguers for PED use today. They are Yankees pitchers Daury Aquino and Alexander de
los Santos; Rays catcher Jhancarlos Infante’ Diamondbacks pitcher Joel Matos; and Royals pitcher Freddy Rodriguez. All of them are plying their trade down in the Dominican Summer League. They’ll all get 50 games on ice and a scarlet PED to wear on their cloaks.
I’m assuming only the prospect freaks — and I mean that in the kindest way possible — know who those guys are, but like your newspaper’s obituary page, I like to provide these occasional PED perp walks in case any family members are out their randomly Googling their loved ones.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)