Jul 7, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
The Commissioner’s Office suspended five minor leaguers for PED use today. They are Yankees pitchers Daury Aquino and Alexander de
los Santos; Rays catcher Jhancarlos Infante’ Diamondbacks pitcher Joel Matos; and Royals pitcher Freddy Rodriguez. All of them are plying their trade down in the Dominican Summer League. They’ll all get 50 games on ice and a scarlet PED to wear on their cloaks.
I’m assuming only the prospect freaks — and I mean that in the kindest way possible — know who those guys are, but like your newspaper’s obituary page, I like to provide these occasional PED perp walks in case any family members are out their randomly Googling their loved ones.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)