Jul 7, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The Commissioner’s Office suspended five minor leaguers for PED use today. They are Yankees pitchers Daury Aquino and Alexander de
los Santos; Rays catcher Jhancarlos Infante’ Diamondbacks pitcher Joel Matos; and Royals pitcher Freddy Rodriguez. All of them are plying their trade down in the Dominican Summer League. They’ll all get 50 games on ice and a scarlet PED to wear on their cloaks.
I’m assuming only the prospect freaks — and I mean that in the kindest way possible — know who those guys are, but like your newspaper’s obituary page, I like to provide these occasional PED perp walks in case any family members are out their randomly Googling their loved ones.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20