Jul 7, 2010, 10:10 PM EST
Royals outfielder-designated hitter Jose Guillen left Tuesday night’s game against the Mariners with what appeared to be a left leg injury. On Wednesday he got an official diagnosis.
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Guillen has a Grade 1 strain of his left quadriceps muscle and could be out for the next several days.
Guillen will be a free agent this winter and is likely to be shopped by the Royals at this year’s July 31 trade deadline. He has a .274 batting average, a .336 on-base percentage and a .453 slugging percentage in 318 at-bats this season with 14 home runs and 52 RBI.
If the 38-46 Royals shop him actively and aggressively, they may be able to net a prospect or two with a decent amount of upside.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)