Jul 7, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
Royals outfielder-designated hitter Jose Guillen left Tuesday night’s game against the Mariners with what appeared to be a left leg injury. On Wednesday he got an official diagnosis.
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Guillen has a Grade 1 strain of his left quadriceps muscle and could be out for the next several days.
Guillen will be a free agent this winter and is likely to be shopped by the Royals at this year’s July 31 trade deadline. He has a .274 batting average, a .336 on-base percentage and a .453 slugging percentage in 318 at-bats this season with 14 home runs and 52 RBI.
If the 38-46 Royals shop him actively and aggressively, they may be able to net a prospect or two with a decent amount of upside.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)