Jul 7, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
Royals outfielder-designated hitter Jose Guillen left Tuesday night’s game against the Mariners with what appeared to be a left leg injury. On Wednesday he got an official diagnosis.
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Guillen has a Grade 1 strain of his left quadriceps muscle and could be out for the next several days.
Guillen will be a free agent this winter and is likely to be shopped by the Royals at this year’s July 31 trade deadline. He has a .274 batting average, a .336 on-base percentage and a .453 slugging percentage in 318 at-bats this season with 14 home runs and 52 RBI.
If the 38-46 Royals shop him actively and aggressively, they may be able to net a prospect or two with a decent amount of upside.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut