Jul 7, 2010, 10:10 PM EDT
Royals outfielder-designated hitter Jose Guillen left Tuesday night’s game against the Mariners with what appeared to be a left leg injury. On Wednesday he got an official diagnosis.
According to the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton, Guillen has a Grade 1 strain of his left quadriceps muscle and could be out for the next several days.
Guillen will be a free agent this winter and is likely to be shopped by the Royals at this year’s July 31 trade deadline. He has a .274 batting average, a .336 on-base percentage and a .453 slugging percentage in 318 at-bats this season with 14 home runs and 52 RBI.
If the 38-46 Royals shop him actively and aggressively, they may be able to net a prospect or two with a decent amount of upside.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)