Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Cameron Maybin likely feared the worst when his surgically repaired shoulder began hurting again following his demotion to Triple-A, but an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage and he’s expected to resume playing as soon as next week.
Maybin has officially been diagnosed with inflammation, so hopefully he can pick up right where he left off in going 10-for-28 (.357) with five walks and two steals through eight games at Triple-A.
If he can get healthy and keep rolling while Mike Stanton continues to struggle in Florida the Marlins could bring Maybin back up as an alternative to the 20-year-old rookie.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)