Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Cameron Maybin likely feared the worst when his surgically repaired shoulder began hurting again following his demotion to Triple-A, but an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage and he’s expected to resume playing as soon as next week.
Maybin has officially been diagnosed with inflammation, so hopefully he can pick up right where he left off in going 10-for-28 (.357) with five walks and two steals through eight games at Triple-A.
If he can get healthy and keep rolling while Mike Stanton continues to struggle in Florida the Marlins could bring Maybin back up as an alternative to the 20-year-old rookie.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (102)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)