Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Cameron Maybin likely feared the worst when his surgically repaired shoulder began hurting again following his demotion to Triple-A, but an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage and he’s expected to resume playing as soon as next week.
Maybin has officially been diagnosed with inflammation, so hopefully he can pick up right where he left off in going 10-for-28 (.357) with five walks and two steals through eight games at Triple-A.
If he can get healthy and keep rolling while Mike Stanton continues to struggle in Florida the Marlins could bring Maybin back up as an alternative to the 20-year-old rookie.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)