Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Cameron Maybin likely feared the worst when his surgically repaired shoulder began hurting again following his demotion to Triple-A, but an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage and he’s expected to resume playing as soon as next week.
Maybin has officially been diagnosed with inflammation, so hopefully he can pick up right where he left off in going 10-for-28 (.357) with five walks and two steals through eight games at Triple-A.
If he can get healthy and keep rolling while Mike Stanton continues to struggle in Florida the Marlins could bring Maybin back up as an alternative to the 20-year-old rookie.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)