Jul 7, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
Cameron Maybin likely feared the worst when his surgically repaired shoulder began hurting again following his demotion to Triple-A, but an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage and he’s expected to resume playing as soon as next week.
Maybin has officially been diagnosed with inflammation, so hopefully he can pick up right where he left off in going 10-for-28 (.357) with five walks and two steals through eight games at Triple-A.
If he can get healthy and keep rolling while Mike Stanton continues to struggle in Florida the Marlins could bring Maybin back up as an alternative to the 20-year-old rookie.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 30
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 46
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 67
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)