Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Marlins players have been worried about the team being broken up, but it’s probably going to happen because they’re not going anywhere. The most obvious trade chit: Dan Uggla, who is having a typical — maybe even slightly better than typical — Dan Uggla season and will once again be due for a big raise. Buster Olney says that if Florida is going to peddle him, the Rockies will be first in line, possibly offering catcher Chris Iannetta or some pitching to Florida.
The Rockies have won six of eight. Though that has only translated to a game or two in the standings because the Padres keep winning, the Rockies have put the Giants in their rear view mirror and are putting heat on the Dodgers. Overall, they still strike me as the most talented team in the west, and adding a bat to help make up for the continued absence of Troy Tulowitzki makes a heck of a lot of sense.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)