Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Marlins players have been worried about the team being broken up, but it’s probably going to happen because they’re not going anywhere. The most obvious trade chit: Dan Uggla, who is having a typical — maybe even slightly better than typical — Dan Uggla season and will once again be due for a big raise. Buster Olney says that if Florida is going to peddle him, the Rockies will be first in line, possibly offering catcher Chris Iannetta or some pitching to Florida.
The Rockies have won six of eight. Though that has only translated to a game or two in the standings because the Padres keep winning, the Rockies have put the Giants in their rear view mirror and are putting heat on the Dodgers. Overall, they still strike me as the most talented team in the west, and adding a bat to help make up for the continued absence of Troy Tulowitzki makes a heck of a lot of sense.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming