Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Marlins players have been worried about the team being broken up, but it’s probably going to happen because they’re not going anywhere. The most obvious trade chit: Dan Uggla, who is having a typical — maybe even slightly better than typical — Dan Uggla season and will once again be due for a big raise. Buster Olney says that if Florida is going to peddle him, the Rockies will be first in line, possibly offering catcher Chris Iannetta or some pitching to Florida.
The Rockies have won six of eight. Though that has only translated to a game or two in the standings because the Padres keep winning, the Rockies have put the Giants in their rear view mirror and are putting heat on the Dodgers. Overall, they still strike me as the most talented team in the west, and adding a bat to help make up for the continued absence of Troy Tulowitzki makes a heck of a lot of sense.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 27
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit