Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Marlins players have been worried about the team being broken up, but it’s probably going to happen because they’re not going anywhere. The most obvious trade chit: Dan Uggla, who is having a typical — maybe even slightly better than typical — Dan Uggla season and will once again be due for a big raise. Buster Olney says that if Florida is going to peddle him, the Rockies will be first in line, possibly offering catcher Chris Iannetta or some pitching to Florida.
The Rockies have won six of eight. Though that has only translated to a game or two in the standings because the Padres keep winning, the Rockies have put the Giants in their rear view mirror and are putting heat on the Dodgers. Overall, they still strike me as the most talented team in the west, and adding a bat to help make up for the continued absence of Troy Tulowitzki makes a heck of a lot of sense.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)