Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Marlins players have been worried about the team being broken up, but it’s probably going to happen because they’re not going anywhere. The most obvious trade chit: Dan Uggla, who is having a typical — maybe even slightly better than typical — Dan Uggla season and will once again be due for a big raise. Buster Olney says that if Florida is going to peddle him, the Rockies will be first in line, possibly offering catcher Chris Iannetta or some pitching to Florida.
The Rockies have won six of eight. Though that has only translated to a game or two in the standings because the Padres keep winning, the Rockies have put the Giants in their rear view mirror and are putting heat on the Dodgers. Overall, they still strike me as the most talented team in the west, and adding a bat to help make up for the continued absence of Troy Tulowitzki makes a heck of a lot of sense.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)