Jul 7, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have been calling all over the place for pitching, contacting the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and D’Backs.
One wonders what kind of pitching they’re really looking for given multiple reports that they’re not able to take on any salary at all, what with them being a small market team with poor attendance in a crappy stadium and everything. Buster Olney recently passed along word that the Dodgers wouldn’t even be able to take on “middling money” at the trading deadline.
Not that there’s anyhing wrong with picking up guys off the scrap heap. After all, Vicente Padilla struck out nine dudes and got the win in last night’s game. It’s just not the most inspiring thing in the world for a team that needs to work in order to fight off the Rockies and catch the Padres.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million