Jul 7, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have been calling all over the place for pitching, contacting the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and D’Backs.
One wonders what kind of pitching they’re really looking for given multiple reports that they’re not able to take on any salary at all, what with them being a small market team with poor attendance in a crappy stadium and everything. Buster Olney recently passed along word that the Dodgers wouldn’t even be able to take on “middling money” at the trading deadline.
Not that there’s anyhing wrong with picking up guys off the scrap heap. After all, Vicente Padilla struck out nine dudes and got the win in last night’s game. It’s just not the most inspiring thing in the world for a team that needs to work in order to fight off the Rockies and catch the Padres.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)