Jul 7, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have been calling all over the place for pitching, contacting the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and D’Backs.
One wonders what kind of pitching they’re really looking for given multiple reports that they’re not able to take on any salary at all, what with them being a small market team with poor attendance in a crappy stadium and everything. Buster Olney recently passed along word that the Dodgers wouldn’t even be able to take on “middling money” at the trading deadline.
Not that there’s anyhing wrong with picking up guys off the scrap heap. After all, Vicente Padilla struck out nine dudes and got the win in last night’s game. It’s just not the most inspiring thing in the world for a team that needs to work in order to fight off the Rockies and catch the Padres.
- The beauty of belief 12
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 31
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)