Jul 7, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have been calling all over the place for pitching, contacting the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and D’Backs.
One wonders what kind of pitching they’re really looking for given multiple reports that they’re not able to take on any salary at all, what with them being a small market team with poor attendance in a crappy stadium and everything. Buster Olney recently passed along word that the Dodgers wouldn’t even be able to take on “middling money” at the trading deadline.
Not that there’s anyhing wrong with picking up guys off the scrap heap. After all, Vicente Padilla struck out nine dudes and got the win in last night’s game. It’s just not the most inspiring thing in the world for a team that needs to work in order to fight off the Rockies and catch the Padres.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (117)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)