Jul 7, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Evan Drellich of MLB.com reports that the Dodgers have been calling all over the place for pitching, contacting the Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays, Indians and D’Backs.
One wonders what kind of pitching they’re really looking for given multiple reports that they’re not able to take on any salary at all, what with them being a small market team with poor attendance in a crappy stadium and everything. Buster Olney recently passed along word that the Dodgers wouldn’t even be able to take on “middling money” at the trading deadline.
Not that there’s anyhing wrong with picking up guys off the scrap heap. After all, Vicente Padilla struck out nine dudes and got the win in last night’s game. It’s just not the most inspiring thing in the world for a team that needs to work in order to fight off the Rockies and catch the Padres.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)