Jul 7, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Dear lord, we are way, way short on our daily Cliff Lee post quota! How will baseball ever compete with the NBA hype at this rate? Let’s fix that with one last Cliff Lee tidbit of the day.
Rosenthal and Morosi are saying that the Mariners are seeking “a mammoth return” for Cliff Lee. This in the wake of the Wilson Ramos/Aaron Hicks offer they reportedly got from the Twins. An offer, by the way, that Rosenthal and Morosi (or, as I like to call them “Roseosi”) note was not confirmed. They suggest that it may have been Ramos and Kevin Slowey in the deal, not Hicks. I don’t know. I just work here. It’s possible, of course, that such rumblings are merely designed to challenge other teams to up their offers.
Seems to me that the Mariners are in the catbird seat on this one, though. It’s not like they have to worry about the pennant race, and every day we get closer to July 31st increases the panic factor in everyone who wants to land the lefty.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 8
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 63
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)