Jul 7, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Dear lord, we are way, way short on our daily Cliff Lee post quota! How will baseball ever compete with the NBA hype at this rate? Let’s fix that with one last Cliff Lee tidbit of the day.
Rosenthal and Morosi are saying that the Mariners are seeking “a mammoth return” for Cliff Lee. This in the wake of the Wilson Ramos/Aaron Hicks offer they reportedly got from the Twins. An offer, by the way, that Rosenthal and Morosi (or, as I like to call them “Roseosi”) note was not confirmed. They suggest that it may have been Ramos and Kevin Slowey in the deal, not Hicks. I don’t know. I just work here. It’s possible, of course, that such rumblings are merely designed to challenge other teams to up their offers.
Seems to me that the Mariners are in the catbird seat on this one, though. It’s not like they have to worry about the pennant race, and every day we get closer to July 31st increases the panic factor in everyone who wants to land the lefty.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)