Jul 7, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Dear lord, we are way, way short on our daily Cliff Lee post quota! How will baseball ever compete with the NBA hype at this rate? Let’s fix that with one last Cliff Lee tidbit of the day.
Rosenthal and Morosi are saying that the Mariners are seeking “a mammoth return” for Cliff Lee. This in the wake of the Wilson Ramos/Aaron Hicks offer they reportedly got from the Twins. An offer, by the way, that Rosenthal and Morosi (or, as I like to call them “Roseosi”) note was not confirmed. They suggest that it may have been Ramos and Kevin Slowey in the deal, not Hicks. I don’t know. I just work here. It’s possible, of course, that such rumblings are merely designed to challenge other teams to up their offers.
Seems to me that the Mariners are in the catbird seat on this one, though. It’s not like they have to worry about the pennant race, and every day we get closer to July 31st increases the panic factor in everyone who wants to land the lefty.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)