Jul 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The Padres have traded righty Sean Galllagher to the Pirates for cash. San Diego had DFA’d Gallagher last Thursday.
Gallagher made 15 appearances for the Padres and allowed 14 earned
runs on 24 hits in 23 and a third innings. Very Nuke LaLooshy, too, inasmuch as he struck out 21 and walked 19 in that time. He’s basically been doing that his whole career, however, and it just wasn’t going to fly on the league’s best pitching staff, especially once Tim Stauffer got healthy again.
Gallagher once seemed like a pretty promising prospect, but he’s now on his fourth club. Pittsburgh, sadly, is last chance lands for most guys. If he can’t do anything for the Pirates, his race is basically run.
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)