Jul 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The Padres have traded righty Sean Galllagher to the Pirates for cash. San Diego had DFA’d Gallagher last Thursday.
Gallagher made 15 appearances for the Padres and allowed 14 earned
runs on 24 hits in 23 and a third innings. Very Nuke LaLooshy, too, inasmuch as he struck out 21 and walked 19 in that time. He’s basically been doing that his whole career, however, and it just wasn’t going to fly on the league’s best pitching staff, especially once Tim Stauffer got healthy again.
Gallagher once seemed like a pretty promising prospect, but he’s now on his fourth club. Pittsburgh, sadly, is last chance lands for most guys. If he can’t do anything for the Pirates, his race is basically run.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)