Jul 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The Padres have traded righty Sean Galllagher to the Pirates for cash. San Diego had DFA’d Gallagher last Thursday.
Gallagher made 15 appearances for the Padres and allowed 14 earned
runs on 24 hits in 23 and a third innings. Very Nuke LaLooshy, too, inasmuch as he struck out 21 and walked 19 in that time. He’s basically been doing that his whole career, however, and it just wasn’t going to fly on the league’s best pitching staff, especially once Tim Stauffer got healthy again.
Gallagher once seemed like a pretty promising prospect, but he’s now on his fourth club. Pittsburgh, sadly, is last chance lands for most guys. If he can’t do anything for the Pirates, his race is basically run.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 24
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)