Jul 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The Padres have traded righty Sean Galllagher to the Pirates for cash. San Diego had DFA’d Gallagher last Thursday.
Gallagher made 15 appearances for the Padres and allowed 14 earned
runs on 24 hits in 23 and a third innings. Very Nuke LaLooshy, too, inasmuch as he struck out 21 and walked 19 in that time. He’s basically been doing that his whole career, however, and it just wasn’t going to fly on the league’s best pitching staff, especially once Tim Stauffer got healthy again.
Gallagher once seemed like a pretty promising prospect, but he’s now on his fourth club. Pittsburgh, sadly, is last chance lands for most guys. If he can’t do anything for the Pirates, his race is basically run.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 34
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 12
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 65
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games