Jul 7, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
The Padres have traded righty Sean Galllagher to the Pirates for cash. San Diego had DFA’d Gallagher last Thursday.
Gallagher made 15 appearances for the Padres and allowed 14 earned
runs on 24 hits in 23 and a third innings. Very Nuke LaLooshy, too, inasmuch as he struck out 21 and walked 19 in that time. He’s basically been doing that his whole career, however, and it just wasn’t going to fly on the league’s best pitching staff, especially once Tim Stauffer got healthy again.
Gallagher once seemed like a pretty promising prospect, but he’s now on his fourth club. Pittsburgh, sadly, is last chance lands for most guys. If he can’t do anything for the Pirates, his race is basically run.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)