Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Phillies’ top scout and Busch Light man Charley
Kerfeld watched Ben Sheets pitch in Oakland on Monday night. Sailsbury says that the Phillies “appear to have some interest” in Sheets.
The Athletics got Sheets just to flip him anyway, so they’d obviously consider dealing him. Whether the Phillies want a guy who is 3-8
with a 4.89 ERA and has looked worse than that quite often this season is an open question. They could use an arm, though, so he’s worth a look.
Personally I don’t want Sheets to go to an NL team because I fear he’d go on a tear in the second half and add about 100,000 gallons of fuel to the “the NL is a minor league” crap we hear all the time and I get real, real tired of that.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)