Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Phillies’ top scout and Busch Light man Charley
Kerfeld watched Ben Sheets pitch in Oakland on Monday night. Sailsbury says that the Phillies “appear to have some interest” in Sheets.
The Athletics got Sheets just to flip him anyway, so they’d obviously consider dealing him. Whether the Phillies want a guy who is 3-8
with a 4.89 ERA and has looked worse than that quite often this season is an open question. They could use an arm, though, so he’s worth a look.
Personally I don’t want Sheets to go to an NL team because I fear he’d go on a tear in the second half and add about 100,000 gallons of fuel to the “the NL is a minor league” crap we hear all the time and I get real, real tired of that.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 109
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 153
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)