Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Phillies’ top scout and Busch Light man Charley
Kerfeld watched Ben Sheets pitch in Oakland on Monday night. Sailsbury says that the Phillies “appear to have some interest” in Sheets.
The Athletics got Sheets just to flip him anyway, so they’d obviously consider dealing him. Whether the Phillies want a guy who is 3-8
with a 4.89 ERA and has looked worse than that quite often this season is an open question. They could use an arm, though, so he’s worth a look.
Personally I don’t want Sheets to go to an NL team because I fear he’d go on a tear in the second half and add about 100,000 gallons of fuel to the “the NL is a minor league” crap we hear all the time and I get real, real tired of that.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)