Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Phillies’ top scout and Busch Light man Charley
Kerfeld watched Ben Sheets pitch in Oakland on Monday night. Sailsbury says that the Phillies “appear to have some interest” in Sheets.
The Athletics got Sheets just to flip him anyway, so they’d obviously consider dealing him. Whether the Phillies want a guy who is 3-8
with a 4.89 ERA and has looked worse than that quite often this season is an open question. They could use an arm, though, so he’s worth a look.
Personally I don’t want Sheets to go to an NL team because I fear he’d go on a tear in the second half and add about 100,000 gallons of fuel to the “the NL is a minor league” crap we hear all the time and I get real, real tired of that.
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 1
- The beauty of belief 23
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)