Jul 7, 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Phillies’ top scout and Busch Light man Charley
Kerfeld watched Ben Sheets pitch in Oakland on Monday night. Sailsbury says that the Phillies “appear to have some interest” in Sheets.
The Athletics got Sheets just to flip him anyway, so they’d obviously consider dealing him. Whether the Phillies want a guy who is 3-8
with a 4.89 ERA and has looked worse than that quite often this season is an open question. They could use an arm, though, so he’s worth a look.
Personally I don’t want Sheets to go to an NL team because I fear he’d go on a tear in the second half and add about 100,000 gallons of fuel to the “the NL is a minor league” crap we hear all the time and I get real, real tired of that.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)