Jul 8, 2010, 10:43 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen joined Twitter in late February and has posted an average of two updates per day since then, quickly accumulating 67,000 followers and earning “Quote of the Day” status here at Hardball Talk several times.
And now he’s sick of it.
I’m tired of Twitter. It’s boring. I don’t have time for that. My wife is in town. I have to take my dogs out every day.
Or as MLB.com’s Scott Merkin notes: “Guillen has tweeted just four times since June 28, with two centering on his bad golf game.”
Once upon a time Guillen enjoyed Twitter so much that he kept doing it despite general manager Ken Williams’ objections and his son Oney Guillen quit a job with the White Sox after using Twitter to post critical comments about the team.
As someone who has become totally obsessed with, addicted to, and dependent on Twitter (follow me!) it’s sad that Guillen tired of it, because his inane ramblings were significantly better than everyone else’s inane ramblings. Except mine, of course.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)