Jul 8, 2010, 10:43 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen joined Twitter in late February and has posted an average of two updates per day since then, quickly accumulating 67,000 followers and earning “Quote of the Day” status here at Hardball Talk several times.
And now he’s sick of it.
I’m tired of Twitter. It’s boring. I don’t have time for that. My wife is in town. I have to take my dogs out every day.
Or as MLB.com’s Scott Merkin notes: “Guillen has tweeted just four times since June 28, with two centering on his bad golf game.”
Once upon a time Guillen enjoyed Twitter so much that he kept doing it despite general manager Ken Williams’ objections and his son Oney Guillen quit a job with the White Sox after using Twitter to post critical comments about the team.
As someone who has become totally obsessed with, addicted to, and dependent on Twitter (follow me!) it’s sad that Guillen tired of it, because his inane ramblings were significantly better than everyone else’s inane ramblings. Except mine, of course.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 22
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 30
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)