Jul 8, 2010, 10:43 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen joined Twitter in late February and has posted an average of two updates per day since then, quickly accumulating 67,000 followers and earning “Quote of the Day” status here at Hardball Talk several times.
And now he’s sick of it.
I’m tired of Twitter. It’s boring. I don’t have time for that. My wife is in town. I have to take my dogs out every day.
Or as MLB.com’s Scott Merkin notes: “Guillen has tweeted just four times since June 28, with two centering on his bad golf game.”
Once upon a time Guillen enjoyed Twitter so much that he kept doing it despite general manager Ken Williams’ objections and his son Oney Guillen quit a job with the White Sox after using Twitter to post critical comments about the team.
As someone who has become totally obsessed with, addicted to, and dependent on Twitter (follow me!) it’s sad that Guillen tired of it, because his inane ramblings were significantly better than everyone else’s inane ramblings. Except mine, of course.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)