Jul 8, 2010, 10:43 AM EST
Ozzie Guillen joined Twitter in late February and has posted an average of two updates per day since then, quickly accumulating 67,000 followers and earning “Quote of the Day” status here at Hardball Talk several times.
And now he’s sick of it.
I’m tired of Twitter. It’s boring. I don’t have time for that. My wife is in town. I have to take my dogs out every day.
Or as MLB.com’s Scott Merkin notes: “Guillen has tweeted just four times since June 28, with two centering on his bad golf game.”
Once upon a time Guillen enjoyed Twitter so much that he kept doing it despite general manager Ken Williams’ objections and his son Oney Guillen quit a job with the White Sox after using Twitter to post critical comments about the team.
As someone who has become totally obsessed with, addicted to, and dependent on Twitter (follow me!) it’s sad that Guillen tired of it, because his inane ramblings were significantly better than everyone else’s inane ramblings. Except mine, of course.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)