Jul 8, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
Out since late April with a broken toe, Ryan Madson returned from this disabled list today and should provide a much-needed boost to Philadelphia’s struggling bullpen.
Phillies relievers have gone 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA in 79 innings since June 1, and while Madson pitched poorly before landing on the DL his 3.27 ERA in 365 career relief appearances will be a welcomed addition to the seventh and eighth innings even if Charlie Manuel continues to stick with Brad Lidge at closer.
Madson made five appearances across three different levels while rehabbing in the minors, striking out six and allowing two runs on four hits and two walks in 5.2 innings.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (94)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)