Jul 8, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
Joe Girardi says that Rays’ starter David Price is an “extremely strong” candidate to start the All-Star Game next
week. Personally I’d go with Cliff Lee unless he’s traded to the National League before then or something, but Price is a fine choice too.
Really, though, I haven’t been all that impressed with who starts an All-Star Game since the time I watched Dennis Eckersley and Steve Rogers start the 1982 edition (note: this was when Eckersley was extremely mortal). These days everyone only gets an inning or two anyway. Better to use your best guy — in the AL, I’d say Lee — for a tight spot, no?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)