Jul 8, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
Joe Girardi says that Rays’ starter David Price is an “extremely strong” candidate to start the All-Star Game next
week. Personally I’d go with Cliff Lee unless he’s traded to the National League before then or something, but Price is a fine choice too.
Really, though, I haven’t been all that impressed with who starts an All-Star Game since the time I watched Dennis Eckersley and Steve Rogers start the 1982 edition (note: this was when Eckersley was extremely mortal). These days everyone only gets an inning or two anyway. Better to use your best guy — in the AL, I’d say Lee — for a tight spot, no?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)