Jul 8, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Giants minor league outfielder Darren Ford is not an ace prospect, but he is fast. Indeed, he’s stolen 277 bases in his six-year career and has been caught only 72 times. But while a 75% success rate is good enough on the base paths, guys who steal in real life need to do better than that:
Double-A center fielder Darren Ford surrendered
to authorities in Vineland, N.J., on Wednesday and was arrested on
charges of theft and making a false police report. Ford told police in
November that he was robbed of a bank-deposit bag from the car
dealership where he worked.
Something tells me that they’re not going to need to call in the CSI crew in order to reconstruct this crime scene.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)