Jul 8, 2010, 2:15 PM EST
Giants minor league outfielder Darren Ford is not an ace prospect, but he is fast. Indeed, he’s stolen 277 bases in his six-year career and has been caught only 72 times. But while a 75% success rate is good enough on the base paths, guys who steal in real life need to do better than that:
Double-A center fielder Darren Ford surrendered
to authorities in Vineland, N.J., on Wednesday and was arrested on
charges of theft and making a false police report. Ford told police in
November that he was robbed of a bank-deposit bag from the car
dealership where he worked.
Something tells me that they’re not going to need to call in the CSI crew in order to reconstruct this crime scene.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)