Jul 8, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
Giants minor league outfielder Darren Ford is not an ace prospect, but he is fast. Indeed, he’s stolen 277 bases in his six-year career and has been caught only 72 times. But while a 75% success rate is good enough on the base paths, guys who steal in real life need to do better than that:
Double-A center fielder Darren Ford surrendered
to authorities in Vineland, N.J., on Wednesday and was arrested on
charges of theft and making a false police report. Ford told police in
November that he was robbed of a bank-deposit bag from the car
dealership where he worked.
Something tells me that they’re not going to need to call in the CSI crew in order to reconstruct this crime scene.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47