Jul 8, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Justin Morneau left last night’s game after taking a knee to the helmet sliding into the second base to break up a double play and he’s out of the Twins’ lineup for tonight’s game.
Morneau walked off the field under his own power, but according to manager Ron Gardenhire “he was a little dizzy out there” and “said he had to come out.”
Michael Cuddyer shifts from right field to first base with Morneau out and Gardenhire is also giving center fielder Denard Span a day off while using Joe Mauer at designated hitter, so Blue Jays left-hander Brett Cecil gets to face a Twins lineup that has Jason Repko and Drew Butera in addition to being without the guy with the league’s second-best OPS.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)