Jul 8, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Justin Morneau left last night’s game after taking a knee to the helmet sliding into the second base to break up a double play and he’s out of the Twins’ lineup for tonight’s game.
Morneau walked off the field under his own power, but according to manager Ron Gardenhire “he was a little dizzy out there” and “said he had to come out.”
Michael Cuddyer shifts from right field to first base with Morneau out and Gardenhire is also giving center fielder Denard Span a day off while using Joe Mauer at designated hitter, so Blue Jays left-hander Brett Cecil gets to face a Twins lineup that has Jason Repko and Drew Butera in addition to being without the guy with the league’s second-best OPS.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)